80 Months Submitted, 80 Months Accepted , what's next?

The CFAI has just updated my membership page with 80 Months Submitted, 80 Months Accepted!!! I didn’t receive any email from the CFAI yet. Even though I have everything marked (sponsors, PCS, work experience, etc) the page still says “Your application is complete and under review at CFA Institute.” Now what comes next???

Did you pay your dues?

“Now what comes next???” Lots of beers!!!

Good point ws. Would the CFAI accept a spontaneous payment from someone who is not technically a member yet? or should I wait for them to ask me to pay?

Sorry, I can’t remember the timing part.

you have to wait until you are accepted as regular member, they are probably waiting on your local society, once they receive this, they say you are accepted, then you have to wait 3-4 days before you can pay dues, then after they accept dues they send you an email saying welcome as regular member… that’s where I am at, everythign done, just no CFA beside my name. their process sucks.

after you get accepted as a regular member, are you just waiting for your charter to be issued? how long does that take?

hausm49008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > after you get accepted as a regular member, are > you just waiting for your charter to be issued? > how long does that take? i called them today. they said 2008 candidates that passed are receiving charters this week. 2007 and before are being handed out next week… i was 2007 and had to wait on work experience.

Don’t you only need 48 months? Do you get extra credit for the additional time or something? Certifiedisimo Financial Analyst maybe?

In the final week of last month, I got my work experience accepted. Last week, My local society send me an email saying they have received the application from CFAI and ask me to pay the fee. Based on what I read here, it would take about 1 month from the approval of work experience to finally receiving the congradulation from CFAI.