Have people started already?

How many people have started already and how far have you gotten through the notes so far? I have been delaying starting and probably looking at after christmas…for those who have not began, when are you planning on doing so?

I have been reading the CFAI curriculum at a leisurely pace. I started picking up the pace last week now that the baseball season is over (for the Brewers). I just finished Book 2 (skipped ethics). I’ll probably finish my first read-through in December, and start hitting it harder in January.

I wanted to start… but haven’t.

I’ve been enjoying reading CFAI curriculum. Very interesting reading. Done with 4.5 sessions.

I have read a little bit of the behavioral stuff.

Same here, plan on getting serious in mid December.

yes i have started. There is post that was created a few weeks ago about starting. you should use search.

Session 10…gets more serious on second round…

Planning a first leasure read after the World Series is over, then starting to get serious a week or so before christmas.

trheel06 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Planning a first leasure read after the World > Series is over, then starting to get serious a > week or so before christmas. now you just need to coordinate your study schedule with christmaths

Can’t get myself to start… will probably wait for the Schweser video’s to arrive and the Q-bank to be available.

read through behavioral finance in the text. liked it. stopped at ips for the norwegian family. don’t like ips so much. i think i get my schweser stuff tomorrow. probably will start really studying next week.

I thought that book 2 was boring as hell. I prefer stuff that’s more quantitative vs. reading about foundations and estate taxes.

i’ll start in january. no need to begin yet.

I started beg of oct, but the speed is so slow that I only finished reading SS3. Hopefully read it once before Jan.

I thot i wuld have started but continue to look at those buks and say, January

I started reading the CFA material yesterday. At a very slow pace.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started reading the CFA material yesterday. At > a very slow pace. I think that’s the way to study for Level III. Lots of fun stuff …

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think that’s the way to study for Level III. > Lots of fun stuff … I like AF because there are other people as nerdy as me. This stuff is the best. :slight_smile:

mwvt9 Wrote: > I like AF because there are other people as nerdy > as me. This stuff is the best. :slight_smile: It’s been fun discussing material with you and learing from you, mwvt. So far I find Level III material the most interesting. I didn’t like all the topics from Level I and Level II. I hated pension accounting, didn’t particularly care for components of financial account, etc but Level III material is way more relevant and interesting. Behavioral finance, private wealth management, asset allocation, performance evaluation … really cool stuff.