Career Path Question

I am seeking some career path guidance. I am a Level III candidate and I have been in banking for 10 years as a credit analyst. Over this time, I have found that my interest is in evaluating and looking at companies in financial distress. With that said, can anyone give me possible career paths that would allow me to work with/evaluate companies in financial distress, especially from a fixed income perspective?

ChicagoBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can anyone give me possible career > paths that would allow me to work with/evaluate > companies in financial distress Bank examiner

ChicagoBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am seeking some career path guidance. I am a > Level III candidate and I have been in banking for > 10 years as a credit analyst. Over this time, I > have found that my interest is in evaluating and > looking at companies in financial distress. > > With that said, can anyone give me possible career > paths that would allow me to work with/evaluate > companies in financial distress, especially from a > fixed income perspective? Dude, we are in the same boat, I have been a Credit Analyst for over 4-years and I want to change this borring job. I am currently an LIII candidate too ( re-taker).Maybe you went to UIUC as well :slight_smile:

Leveraged loan credit analyst may be? A lot more interesting than a traditional investment grade credit analyst.

I’m not in the industry (I’m a Level III candidate but have been a lawyer) but I know there are funds that focus on investing in distressed debt. I would think that would be a growth business right now and that a credit analyst (especially one who purports to be interested in companies in financial distress) might be a good candidate for a job at such a fund. Is this an option you’ve overlooked or am I missing something?

I have been in the credit field for about 3 years now, was in audit before. I am in the Par group but have handled distressed credits and from what I have seen and believe, you would need to start in credit somewhere and build on the skillset and then move to Distressed…distressed is also a very specialized field…if you have a legal background, it would certainly help but getting right in would be tough unless you get a lucky break. Shoot back with any questions!

try bankruptcy division of large consulting firm