Anybody else not started studying yet?

I can’t believe all you guys who are already halfway through the curriculum, but good for you! I admire your dedication and hard work. I said Jan 5 would be the day but it will be Feb 1. Wish I had the motivation to study harder but after university, a CA designation and two levels of CFA, I am enjoying life without studying way too much!

See below. Substitute “mind” for “body” and “CFA curriculum” for “bike”. Somebody somewhere is working hard to become a better investment manager right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5RxhLZ5U

I agree, I am enjoying the life without studying too much, but have to start hitting the books hard pretty soon…so far I have read 30 pages of book 0 of Schewser so you can say I have not really started yet either…but with 136 days left we have more than enough time I think…I am hoping to start the real studying by Feb 1st as well…

Do you think Armstrong would be sitting around saying “I’ll wait until February 1” if he were preparing for level III?

could be wishful thinking, but i don’t want to peak too early. as i’ve said in other threads though, i have lots of time after work hours to go crazy the last two and a half months. EDIT: let me say that i think the “peak too soon” argument relates more to qualitative stuff than numerical type stuff. and i understand that L3 is much more qualitative.

Started 15 January 2009. Looks like there is a lot of work

Thanks Muk. That’s comforting. :wink:

At latest, starting on Feb 7 when my 8-Saturday weekend course at 7city starts. Still waiting to register (!) with CFAI and get my Schweser book. Delay has been coordinating sponsorship with my company, which in this environment, I am deeply glad for.

I’m BSing my way through ethics, but nothing serious yet. Perhaps next weekend, when classes actually start.

Finally finishing my registration! Starting next week hopefully.

Starting the 7th. Work has been a B-buster and the fire hasn’t been there. After the 7th I’ll hit it.

I’m starting w/ Scheser notes tomorrow… Just finished CFAI text.

i’ve done behavioural, private client and institutional…stopped now for a while because my wife gave birth last week. But confident i can pick it back up again soon.

Hey, no use starting early. I started well, finished a significant number of study sessions. Now I can hardly remember a thing. Its better to go slow and steady now and shift gears towards the end.

I always start right after the Super Bowl… so I will be starting this week. I dont think its neccesary to start studying before February if you have the discipline to kick butt for a few months straight.