Golf and CFA

For one reason or another, I’m already feeling a little more fatigued than in the past and it is only January. I’ve decided to buy a putting green and new putter for my basement, brought inside by pitching wedge and plastic golf balls. I figure every night after studying for about 30 minutes, I’ll take a fifteen minute break and work on my short game by chipping off an old piece of carpet into a card board box and working on putting. Then I’ll hit the books for another 30 minutes… As I was reading the chapter on hedgining mortgage backed securities using Treasury Notes, I felt like my head was a punching bag and the text was Mike Tyson in his prime.

I actually went and hit a bucket of golf balls during the lunch break at level I. Best thing anyone could do with that time (except, of course, eat lunch, which I did also).

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually went and hit a bucket of golf balls > during the lunch break at level I. Best thing > anyone could do with that time (except, of course, > eat lunch, which I did also). That is a fabulous idea, I may do that this year. Too bad I’m in Dallas and it may well be 100 outside.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually went and hit a bucket of golf balls > during the lunch break at level I. Best thing > anyone could do with that time (except, of course, > eat lunch, which I did also). Continuing to hit high, weak fades over and over didn’t shatter your confidence going into the afternoon? Later Darth Fader.

mwvt9 Wrote: > > Continuing to hit high, weak fades over and over > didn’t shatter your confidence going into the > afternoon? > Actually, I’m such a bad golfer, that hitting balls at the range for an hour just made me look forward to the afternoon session.

I was a 4 before I started studying for this thing now I’m lucky to break 85.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually went and hit a bucket of golf balls > during the lunch break at level I. Best thing > anyone could do with that time (except, of course, > eat lunch, which I did also). I did 423 pushups during the level I lunch break, and 452 during the level II lunch break. I’m shooting for 500 this time around. Anybody think I can’t do it?

I don’t think you can, Cap’n.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > plyon Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I actually went and hit a bucket of golf balls > > during the lunch break at level I. Best thing > > anyone could do with that time (except, of > course, > > eat lunch, which I did also). > > I did 423 pushups during the level I lunch break, > and 452 during the level II lunch break. I’m > shooting for 500 this time around. Anybody think > I can’t do it? In prior years did you go straight into the pushups when they asked that you put your pencils down? If not, where did you go to do all of these pushups? I don’t know if you could do it, if you could post a youtube video of yourself getting manly with the pushups I may be able to provide a better assesment. This was my routine prior to my CFA studies, skip to the 5 minute mark to see my special flipping pushup! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otV-0r3-Qd8 That was (obviously) a joke, I could probably do 500 girl push ups, or 50 sets of 10 over the course of the day. But no way could I do 500 at lunch, probably not even 200 at lunch.

You doubters are just adding fuel to the motivational fire. I’m going to make it my mission this June 6 to do 500 pushups during the lunch break, starting a few minutes before the morning session ends. I’m going to drink 1/2 gallon of protein shake during the lunch break as well.

Make it happ’n, Cap’n.

At LEAST 1/2 gallon.

Where do you do these manly pushups?

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > At LEAST 1/2 gallon. I like this guy.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where do you do these manly pushups? Everywhere, dude. Everywhere.