Work Experience

I have double posted this in the general forum and here as not sure of the best place. I am going to be submitting my work experience at the end of the month. I work for a software company and we provide Portfolio Management software to hedge funds. The software is used as a reporting suite by clients to value their portfolio’s using NAV’s, P&L’s as well as accounting reports such as Income Statement, Trail Balance and Balance Sheets. The software deals with multi-currency securities and deals with a wide range of products Bonds, Equities, Equity Swaps, Futures, Options, CDS. For my first 2 years my role involved supporting and training clients and helping to implement the software, this involved having a excellent knowledge of the above products how they are valued and how the affect portfolio performance in multiple currencies. For the last 16 month I have been a product manager at the company and this involves designing new features for the product. Some of the projects i have been on include Financial Reporting of the above products, Turnover reports, Managing the valuation effects of corporate actions (exchanges, spinoffs). Looking at the work experience guidelines I think that I qualify because the work that I do is directly related to the valuation of portfolios of clients. Even though I don’t dircectly use the software the software is definitely used by clients as part of the feedback stage on the Investment Decision making process. I am just worried that if I don’t describe this well it will no be accepted. Everything I do every day is finance related and dealing with different products have how they function and how to account for these as far a cost, value and P&L is concerned. Does anybody have any advise. My future rests in your hands

When you submit your experience, try and relate it to specific LOS statements throughout the curriculum. When I submitted mine, I searched through most of the LOS statements and found the one applicable to my job. I then described my job using the those specific LOS statements as a base.

Did you just use them same wording or did you actually refer directly to the LOS (as in my job I do xxx as referenced to in LOS 7.3.f)

I just used the wording from the LOS.

wanderingcfa…do you have some examples? i’ve resubmitted my work experience twice and both time were rejected. I work at a bank on the investment management side and was confused when i was rejected twice. i spoke to the institute and they said that it was a description issue with regards to the external auditors.