ibanking boot camp

Has anyone heard about the ibanking bootcamp? Does this really help you resume and do you gain good knowledge from attending one of these retreats? I know they are counted as credits for CFA and CPA’s but I just wonder how people in the industry view it?

I don’t know the answer to your question unfortunately, but I’m curious as to what you mean by “they are counted as credits for CFA and CPA’s”?

I believe after you are a CFA or CPA you receive credits or something as part of continuing education? ex. For my controller to continue to be a CPA he had to attend a certain amt of continuing education classes each yr, and each class he took counted as CPE credit.

There is no mandatory continuing education program for CFA charterholders, though there is a voluntary one. http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/ceprogram/

Yeah your right the credits for CFA is voluntary but I was hoping this retreat held some value in teaching me about building models etc, and I hoped to find someone who had already takin it.

Yeah, I hear you, sorry I can’t be of any help with that. I’m curious too. Have you heard about Wall Street Prep? That sounds interesting as well as a way to learn modeling.