hand thumb hurts

Does anyone else have thumb pains from writing out all the answers practicing the morning part? Any recommendations to avoid that or how to train for it. I don’t want to slow down in writing on the exam just because my hand starts hurting from writing too much on exam day. THanks in advance for any good advice.

Don’t let the general discussion see this thread…

sit on your hand first so it goes numb and then have at it. i call this one the “Stranger”

This is another thing that I worry about for this exam… Whenever I’m writing quickly under stress, I have a tendency to put a death grip on my pen and my hand ends up cramping up and hurting like hell. In college, I’d always had to keep shaking out my hand to ease the cramping when writing essays. I’ve noticed that using a thicker pen, or one with a larger grip seems to help some. Otherwise, there are certain exercises that you can perform that are known to strengthen one’s grip.

I broke my thumb about 6 years ago, and it’s never been right since. I’ve no idea how it is going to hold up to 3 hours of furious scribbling.

write less

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sit on your hand first so it goes numb and then > have at it. i call this one the “Stranger” One of the funniest posts I have ever seen on this board - well done!

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I’ve noticed that using a thicker pen, or one with > a larger grip seems to help some. Otherwise, > there are certain exercises that you can perform > that are known to strengthen one’s grip. I could only picture someone writing level III with one of those huge novelty pens / pencils. That cracked me up when I read this.

I talked about bringing one of those to L2. It would be great to roll in with one. When the proctors tried to make you give it up, they would really have no grounds to do so.

I have images of L3 candidates undergoing Rocky-style training montages to strengthen their writing hand…

I recommend buying a few Dr. Grip pens. These larger pens should help reduce the pain in your hands.