Calling the Pimp out

Pimp… Is there, perhaps, a reasonable explanation for the following: On April 15, 2009, pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 75% Used, 90% Correct. I’m a repeater. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,925670,936548#msg-936548 Then… On April 24, 2009, pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2509 of 2509 questions done on the Qbank. Overall score: 95%. I think I will stop studying now. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,942665,page=1 Sorry, but that’s simply not mathematically possible. I would suggest you don’t stop studying quite yet, and instead go back and re-read Ethics.

nicely done

oh snap.

True enough maximum you can get is 92.5% on 100% of questions done…good point Plyon

think this dude passed last year and is just screwing around. i hope so, because lying about a score is slightly pathetic.

Here’s what probably happened… When you check “include previous incorrect questions”, it recycles those questions which you previously answered incorrectly. As you get those questions correct, it removes them from the “incorrect” pile and adds them to the “correct” group thus raising your overall “% correct” score. Last year I retook all of the ?'s that I got wrong and ended up with something like 98% after recycling through the incorrect ?'s.

I thought maybe it was possible since he’s a repeater, but given I’m a CFA badass and am lucky to get 85%, figured it was unlikely. :wink:

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s what probably happened… When you check > “include previous incorrect questions”, it > recycles those questions which you previously > answered incorrectly. As you get those questions > correct, it removes them from the “incorrect” pile > and adds them to the “correct” group thus raising > your overall “% correct” score. > > Last year I retook all of the ?'s that I got wrong > and ended up with something like 98% after > recycling through the incorrect ?'s. and this is why McLeod will kick this year’s exam tooo…he’s just a thinker isn’t he :slight_smile:

I realized something this past year… The CFA program is more than just learning or memorizing a bunch of stuff. The program actually turns you into a more analytical-minded thinker. I have found that in the past year, I have begun to question EVERYTHING and have found myself analyzing things that are completely unrelated to finance (commercials, sports, my 2-year old son’s behavior, etc). Anyone else notice that?

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s what probably happened… When you check > “include previous incorrect questions”, it > recycles those questions which you previously > answered incorrectly. As you get those questions > correct, it removes them from the “incorrect” pile > and adds them to the “correct” group thus raising > your overall “% correct” score. > > Last year I retook all of the ?'s that I got wrong > and ended up with something like 98% after > recycling through the incorrect ?'s. Wow, is this true… Who knew? Quite disingenuous nonetheless. The absence of this relevant information is a violation of Standard I© – Misrepresentation.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Last year I retook all of the ?'s that I got wrong > and ended up with something like 98% after > recycling through the incorrect ?'s. Well, that would qualify as a “reasonable” explanation.