who has not started solving papers yet?

Have not started solving any papers yet. I dont think I will get a chance to. I think I am the only one in this forum with this predicament.

nah, i shall start working on book six in two weeks.

me too , will start once i finish reading, if i do

I never have started doing full exams until 2 weeks before the test. I don’t believe those who start this early receive much benefit, frankly.

I’ll probably do my first one sometime in the next week. That first really bad score is usually eye-opening and kicks me into the hardcore study mode that I need to get through this thing.

Me

I’m with you plyon… otherwise I think you end up peaking too early… not good.

aiming for May 15th- 20th…there’s no way i’ll get to one before that… glad to see some of the regulars names here…all the other buggers who’ve started taking these tests…yes…i hate them… :frowning: ps: agree with sterling and plyon - don’t want to cheat/peak on the exams…trying to make sure i know the stuff by doing q-bank instead … with a few peaks here and there only…

Mid may…i am still reading

I’ll start them within the next week or two.

I have not started either…

I haven’t taken any tests yet. I still have to finish my review and then take some questions.

Our local CFA society offered the Schweser Windsor exam yesterday - I took it and failed (65-70 range, depending on essays), but it was a nice way to benchmark my studies to date. I won’t test again for another two weeks when I start hitting CFAI samples and book 6 exams.

ilvino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Our local CFA society offered the Schweser Windsor > exam yesterday - I took it and failed (65-70 > range, depending on essays), but it was a nice way > to benchmark my studies to date. I won’t test > again for another two weeks when I start hitting > CFAI samples and book 6 exams. To be honest I would be happy with 65-70 at this point in the game…I will probably end up failing miserably right now…or 50% at most… Plu 65-70 will probably get you a pass on the reall exam…

thanks Nvan, but it didn’t feel like a “good” fail - there were questions I should have known that I missed and certain Q’s I didn’t have a clue how to solve - still have a long way to go!

Still in my review/question phase. Tests start in a few weeks.

ilvino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks Nvan, but it didn’t feel like a “good” fail > - there were questions I should have known that I > missed and certain Q’s I didn’t have a clue how to > solve - still have a long way to go! but you have 30+ days so you will be fine, just work on the areas that you felt weak…you are ahead of many people myself included who have not done any exams yet…

i have not started neither, very slow this year hehe btw, where can i get book 6 or the schweser practice exams :slight_smile:

I didn’t want to open this thread because I expected people to say, “Oh yeah, I’m on my fourth practice exam. If not, you’re screwed!”. I’m glad I’m not the only one still reading and reviewing. First practice exam by mid-May for me.

Plan to take two weeks off from work 21 May - 6 june. Shall do book 6 sometime then. Won’t Touch Book 7.