Level 2 cutoffs

Hi Seniors !! Hoping some of you would give some insight from your level 2 experience. Q. Has anyone passed the L2 exam, (with > 70% - 80% overall) but with scores say < 50% in one or two topics (like Quant & derivatives) ? Thanks Najaf

I haven’t, but doesn’t make any difference. Scoring <= 50% on the Econ or PM sections last year would only have accounted for 6 questions in total. The derivatives sections are easy points though, all you have to do is remember how to do a couple TVM-based problems. You don’t want to blow anything off because you need every point you can get.

I passed with >70% in everything except Econ and Ethics which were both <50%. Econ didn’t make up much of the test. I actually know I went 2/6 there and I must have rocked a couple of sections to make up for my poor ethics performance. I wouldn’t just boot topics though. Passing this way wasn’t my plan.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I haven’t, but doesn’t make any difference. > Scoring <= 50% on the Econ or PM sections last > year would only have accounted for 6 questions in > total. The derivatives sections are easy points > though, all you have to do is remember how to do a > couple TVM-based problems. You don’t want to blow > anything off because you need every point you can > get. i was in this exact scenario. got > 70 on the more prominant sections to make up for it and passed.

I think I had one of the uglier L2 passes…but a pass is a pass: 4 (>70) 5 (50-70) 1 (<50) Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 -*- - Corporate Finance 36 -*- - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 *-- - Equity Investments 72 -*- - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 -*- - Financial Statement Analysis 72 --* - Fixed Income Investments 36 --* - Portfolio Management 18 -*- - Quantitative Methods 18 --*

I think I passed with 2 or 3 topics under 70% (the small ones). I saw some pretty borderline passes posted here.

I had 4 sections below 50% and passed…

3 sections below 50 here. The two largest sections FSA and Equity I had middle range and I passed. Goes to show you that you cant put a lot of stock in the distributions.

I passed with 7 over 70s and 2 in the middle and a buddy failed with 2 below 50, 6 in the middle and 1 over 70. For people who got 4 in the below 50 they ought to get down to Vegas with luck like that!!