Windsor Review

How was it? Worth the $$?

My 2 cents. If you were looking to refresh your knowledge and focus on key areas yes. If you were looking to learn the material no.

Do you get archives of the seminar?

passthismofo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My 2 cents. If you were looking to refresh your > knowledge and focus on key areas yes. If you > were looking to learn the material no. My thoughts exactly. You need to have read all the books first and have a good general grasp of the material in order to get the most out of it. I thought the teachers were great.

I’d highly recommend it for the insight and study tips. Definitely agree with both passthismofo and Sims. Biggest problem i found was some of the questions being asked by other candidates were focused on something outside of the curriculum so you get bogged down dealing with that.

landrybj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d highly recommend it for the insight and study > tips. Definitely agree with both passthismofo and > Sims. Biggest problem i found was some of the > questions being asked by other candidates were > focused on something outside of the curriculum so > you get bogged down dealing with that. Dead center of the class with blue sweater. I know what you mean!

Yup. I know a couple of people were taking bets on how many questions he was going to ask in the run of the day. They had an over/under going…

hhahahahaha …i think his best was when the prof. was talking about getting partial points on the morning section …i think we was like " what about the afternoon ? " OR when Filbeck was talking about the RRTTLLU thingy …he was like "can we put taxes before Time horizon ? " … how did he make it so far ?? I agree with passthismofo…they covered a lot of material in a little time …great for review and focus . I think tips and strategies helped as well .

Overall: Forces you to review all of the material while having absolutely 0 distractions, and the food is surprisingly edible. Filbeck’s conspiracy theories were driving me nuts tho: “this shows up ever other year starting in '97 but was skipped in 2001” “this shows up every 3 years” “this shows up every olympic year where the olympics take place in the western hemisphere” And Mitch was killing me with the: “Skippy, skip, we’re just skipping along, you don’t need that one, skip that one there, that’s all ya need to know about that one here, that’s all we’re going to say about that one and line up the ol’ football and kick’er right through the uprights!” Umm… What?

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How was it? Worth the $$? Were you not there? You have only been talking about it for months on the forum~!

Yea …I would not be 100% satisfied if i paid for it myself . But then again a lot of people there did it for lvl 2 and thought it helped a lot which is why they decided to come back .

passthismofo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > landrybj Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’d highly recommend it for the insight and > study > > tips. Definitely agree with both passthismofo > and > > Sims. Biggest problem i found was some of the > > questions being asked by other candidates were > > focused on something outside of the curriculum > so > > you get bogged down dealing with that. > > > Dead center of the class with blue sweater. I > know what you mean! Haha!! That guy actually had a CFA t-shirt on one day. Too funny! I liked how they tied information from the various study sessions together. For example, talking about Strategic Asset Allocation and referencing other sessions as well as other names for it. I had everything compartmentalized prior to Windsor, now I feel like I have a much better grasp of the overall picture. I think it’s crap that they aren’t consistent with names or references to things. I understand there are different authors but give me a freaking break!

LOL, I actually watched him pull off that sweater to reveal his glorious CFA San Diego T-Shirt, at the break the guy sitting beside me asked the keener where he got the sweet shirt, he started turning red, it was hilarious. I guess they were handing them out at the exam last year…

mind sharing what they said about partial credit?

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mind sharing what they said about partial credit? Nothing earth shattering just that the grader is your friend and they try to give you partial credits/points wherever possible . i.e if you get the return objective incorrect but if in your calculations some of the inputs are correct you get points for them .

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > budfox427 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mind sharing what they said about partial > credit? > > Nothing earth shattering just that the grader is > your friend and they try to give you partial > credits/points wherever possible . i.e if you get > the return objective incorrect but if in your > calculations some of the inputs are correct you > get points for them . …and if you missed Rudeboi’s earlier comment, you do not get partial marks for the afternoon. Yes, a level 3 candidate actually asked that question!

A few times it was mentioned not to try to hedge your bets as in if you were’t sure of either agreeing or disagreeing, don’t put agree, argue for argree and then go ahead and say but on the other hand and try to answer the disagree side as well. We were told that’s a quick way to lose points. They also said that if a question asks for 2 reasons, descriptions or what have you, don’t put three, the grader’s are instructed to put a big red line under the second and not mark anything after. So put your best two points down and move on. There were a few questions that were worth at least 3 points that the instructors said could be answered in less than 7 words and many (ie time horizon or return requirments for IPS) where you could actually copy and paste the answer from the question itself. I guess the moral of that story is don’t overthink it, do what’s asked and overall don’t get hung up on a question, keep on moving.

Center of the room guy took the prize for being a tool, no doubt. A close second was the girl who yelled at everyone to be quiet if they were simply grabbing the exam and leaving…unnecessary. Review wasn’t earth shattering, but I am sure it will help (imagine for those who took it for LII it would have really been helpful). Last instructor was definitely the best, but most were solid (wasn’t a fan of handwriting so much stuff on Mitch’s topics).

Third place would be that girl that asked how we can get the older exams after multiple hint efforts pointing towards google.

I didn’t go to Windsor because of the $$$. I am strongly considering Dallas for $800 (get free airfare and hotel using pts). Just dont want to pay it to be read secret sauce