Another Ethics Q

Nancy Hall, a candidate in the CFA program, is an analyst for a mutual fund. As part of her job she makes company visits to interview executives. On a recent trip she stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. In her expenses Hall included a hotel charge of $100, which was less than the amount allowed by her employer. After receiving a check for her expenses, Hall disclosed to her supervisor that she had stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. She also returned the $100 to her employer. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following statements best describes Hall’s professional conduct? A) Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she eventually disclosed this information and returned the $100 to her employer. B) Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she did not meet all of the requirements to use the CFA designation. C) Hall engaged in professional misconduct.

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m going to guess C.

C If you steal money and then confess and return it, you still convicted a criminal offense. Maybe your punishment won’t be as strict, but regardless, it’s an offense/misconduct.

C Is this a real question?

I would go with C also.

C

C

C has to be the correct answer but I don’t like the question.

C

Ohh…its just me then… (Answer C is correct) Some how I thought she corrected the ‘mistake’ and not violated any standards.

I wouldn’t worry about this one Vegas. CFAI questions are much better.

I want Vegas to be my manager.

Stop staring at me Shwan.

Hahaha, cracks me up every time.