Any famous people failed CFA level 3?

Don’t ask me why I have created this post. Let me know if you know any famous people (finance gurus, film stars, rock stars, whatever) that failed CFA Level 3.

I heard that Mick Jagger was granted an honorary Charter from CFAI… it was then revoked for breaching the code of ethics

Wasn’t Phelps in the CFA program?

passthismofo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wasn’t Phelps in the CFA program? Yes he got a gold medal on passing all 3 levels with more than 70%

After this accomplishment, he then smoked a massive spliff on camera; reflecting poorly on the CFAI and his charter was revoked.

Miss California had hers, but got stripped.

I think I heard that Adolph Hitler sat for Level 1, but failed and so decided to start the 3rd Reich instead.

I heard that mother Tereza took Level III exam a few years ago to improve candidates’ chances of passing.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard that mother Tereza took Level III exam a > few years ago to improve candidates’ chances of > passing. Yup, the Tereza effect…I think she won a Nobel for her work.

They failed Chuck Norris back when it was AIMR. Why do you think they had to rename the Institute.

In fact they passed Chuck Norris. Check slide 18 of the pitch. The pitch is interesting. https://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/60thanniversary/pdf/diermeier_presentation.pdf

Bernie Madoff was a CFA charterholder. Was.

^seriously??? Did not know that if true.

wait, they gotta be joking… surely mohammed ali doesn’t have his CFA… is that for real???

It’s people with the same names as celebrities.

No way… of course they’re real :wink: U.S. Presidents John Adams, CFA (Boston)Andrew Jackson, CFA (Sydney, Australia)James Polk, CFA (Boston)William Taft (Basking Ridge, NJ)John Kennedy, CFA (Indianapolis) Also from Politics John Cary, CFA (Tulsa, OK)James Carvell, CFA (Dallas)John Roberts, CFA (San Francisco)Robert Doll, CFA (Plainsboro, NJ)George Mason, CFA (Farmington, CT) Sports Figures Vijay Singh, CFA (Greenwood Village, CO)Mohammad Ali, CFA (United Kingdom)Jackson (Jackie) Robinson (Boston)Bill Russell (United Kingdom)Ichiro Suzuki, CFA (Japan)John Madden, CFA (Boston) Entertainment Jacky Chan, CFA (Toronto)James (Jimmy) Stewart (United Kingdom)Michael Jackson, CFA (Charlotte, NC)Edward (Eddie) Murphy, CFA (San Francisco)William (Bill) Murray, CFA (Chicago)Gary Cooper, CFA (Calgary)Rob Lowe, CFA (New York)Chuck Norris, CFA (Lincoln, NE)James Bond, CFA (Tuckahoe, NY)

some humor from last year.

George W. Bush was a CFA charterholder… oh wait, you said famous people. scratch what I just said.

me. i’m famous.

I think Ashwin does not know what famous means?