*No Spoilers* CFA Mock Quality & Schweser Morning Papers

How is the quality of the CFA Mock Exam? I am working on what test I am going to take this weekend under timed conditions. I don’t want anything that is going to be poor quality or kill my confidence. I have taken the first 2 Schweser practice exams in book 1 and all of the CFA Sample Exams. So that leaves me with limited choices for this coming Saturday. I am thinking a combination of the Book 1 3rd Schweser AM Session + the CFAI Mock Exam as the afternoon session. Thoughts on: Difficulty/Quality of Mock Exam questions? Difficulty/Quality of Schweser Book 1 Exam 3 AM? Would I be better off using a different practice exam? I don’t think I have time for more than one more full practice exam so I want to make sure it’s good.

Mock was easy/manageable … though I score only 70% :frowning: but still I think it is pretty decent and will boost your confidence. Just 2 spoilers I know of.

Perfect.

i thought Schweser Book 1 exam 3 was the best of the three, hands down. i am doing 2007 exam and CFAI mock next weekend though. already did book 1 of schweser…

KRochelli Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i thought Schweser Book 1 exam 3 was the best of > the three, hands down. > > i am doing 2007 exam and CFAI mock next weekend > though. already did book 1 of schweser… why would you say that about exam 3, KR? I’m glad since that is the one I have left for next week… but why do you think it’s better than 1 and 2 of volume 1?

IPS 2007 exam was pretty good. definitely some take aways

i got seriously discouraged for all the return calculations on the official answers. 2007 return calculation is quite novel. to be honest so far i haven’t made 1 right in all return calculation for the individual IPS…

cfasf- the morning is pretty tough on the PM stuff with not many calcs and much more discussion of portfolio management than the others. and the afternoon had a ton of calcs that put some time pressure on. i did bad on the morning, great on the afternoon.

Has anyone completed any exams from Schweser’s Volume 2? If so, is it painful like volume 2 was for L1 & L2? I’m trying to prioritize tests over the two weeks (I have 6/1-6/5 off from work). I did one test from Volume 1. I was going to do the following (in order) last two exams from PE Vol 1 2006-2008 morning sessions CFAI mocks and sample exams (all MC) Some special mock exam schweser sent me cause my company bought a lot of stuff for me

psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has anyone completed any exams from Schweser’s > Volume 2? If so, is it painful like volume 2 was > for L1 & L2? > > I’m trying to prioritize tests over the two weeks > (I have 6/1-6/5 off from work). I did one test > from Volume 1. I was going to do the following > (in order) > > last two exams from PE Vol 1 > 2006-2008 morning sessions > CFAI mocks and sample exams (all MC) > Some special mock exam schweser sent me cause my > company bought a lot of stuff for me Do all of the CFAI stuff (AM sessions, Mock). Only take Schweser tests if you have time left.