2006 AM Exam -- Nice Confidence Builder

This constructed response exam was the easiest by far. No wonder pass rates shot up into the 70s that year. I had to adjust for one question (Q11) that isn’t part of the curriculum anymore and I scored a 90 without being overly generous. Here’s hoping we see this again (though not likely). Added bonus is with this exam you could even reasonably get done quickly enough to leave early for lunch. This would give me time for a real sit-down lunch before my scheduled massage during the break.

I’d take it!

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This constructed response exam was the easiest by > far. No wonder pass rates shot up into the 70s > that year. > > I had to adjust for one question (Q11) that isn’t > part of the curriculum anymore and I scored a 90 > without being overly generous. > > Here’s hoping we see this again (though not > likely). Added bonus is with this exam you could > even reasonably get done quickly enough to leave > early for lunch. This would give me time for a > real sit-down lunch before my scheduled massage > during the break. Pylon: so you can grade yourself and know for sure that you got 90+ why don’t you let me see what what you’ve got and you probably will not get more 10 from me:-)

i remember the 2006 being frustrating because there was a lot of material not fully covered in 2009. am i wrong? Maybe i’ll take it over.

I just had a flashback of 2007 when plyon was killing mock exams. some things never change.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i remember the 2006 being frustrating because > there was a lot of material not fully covered in > 2009. am i wrong? Maybe i’ll take it over. I think really it was just question 11. I only got a 70 on the CFA mock two days ago, so this isn’t all about me killing it – I just thought it was alot easier than the others. Look at that pass rate!

2006 was a joke. Even people who got their charter in 2006 admit it was a joke. CFAI has been making LIII’ers pay for it for the last 2 years.

you are probably right. i took it a long time ago and it may have been one of those days when i was really tired after work and was looking for any excuse to stop taking the test. I’m going to retake it tonight… good work by the way. a 90 is freaking crazy, no matter how easy that year was! you’re going to kill this thing on saturday. i’m keeping the eye out for the above 70 in all subjects three years in a row.

I also found 2006 the easiest (out of 2006-2008), then 2008. 2007 was the hardest in my opinion. I think we should expect something between 2007 and 2008 this year.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > good work by the way. a 90 is freaking crazy, no > matter how easy that year was! you’re going to > kill this thing on saturday. i’m keeping the eye > out for the above 70 in all subjects three years > in a row. That is absolutely off the table. Too many topic areas – something like 11 different areas they report. You must get 5 / 6 on virtually every item set in the PM alone, not to mention the AM stuff. No way.

Come on plyon, rise to the occasion!!

Dude, just finished this. What I wouldn’t give to have this one on Saturday…

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Come on plyon, rise to the occasion!! Well… If I get anywhere close, I’m going to credit the Secret Sauce. It’s just the topping you need to fill in every nook and cranny of your grey matter with more CFA arcana. Just when you thought you couldn’t absorb any more… crack open 300 pages of Secret Sauce and slather it on! The Secret Sauce is my 5 day countdown tool. Will probably read 90% of it between now and game day.

ok. so 2006 was pretty easy. i took it one sitting today and got my highest score in an a.m. yet… however, i’ve got a couple of questions: SPOILER: in the serra IPS question, under liquidity constraint, why do they mention the down payment on the house when that is taken out of assets before the IPS? the IPS is for year 1 of retirement. the down payment is at the end of year 0. second. was economic surplus – MV of assets - PV of liablilities covered this year? i thought not. .