Double Check your exam ticket!

I printed out two copies of my exam ticket weeks ago. When I looked at one of them this week (so I could put the address of the test center in my GPS), I noticed that the font with all the customized information (like my name and the test center) was all messed up on the print out. I called up the ticket again and the same thing happened when I tried to print it – messed up fonts. I figured maybe it was something funny with my HP printer, so I tried printing from work on a standard HP LaserJet-- same thing, bad ticket. Eventually I had to print the file out as a PDF and then print the PDF. This seemed to work. Maybe nobody else will experience this, but I came pretty close to showing up at the test center with a bad exam ticket, so just make sure yours printed correctly.

Use a different browser…I’d used chrome. turned out when I used IE

I had the same issue. When I reprinted, I did a print preview first and printed from there, and it worked fine. ??

Same here. Originally used Firefox but had to switch to IE to print it.

Yeah I had this come up too in Firefox. One way to fix it is to go to Tools -> Options -> Content Press advanced button, and uncheck “Allow pages to choose their own fonts…”

had the same thing Plyon.

are you sure that will be considered a bad ticket?

avinand Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I had this come up too in Firefox. One way to > fix it is to go to > Tools -> Options -> Content Press advanced > button, and uncheck “Allow pages to choose their > own fonts…” Good to know how to fix it. Thanks. Yes… I was using Firefox. I’m sure there are alot of FF users on here, so I just wanted to make sure. And yes – the CFAI exam ticket policy states that the ticket “must display the correct exam date and test center” Another interesting factoid – it is against CFAI testing policy to even write on your exam ticket AFTER the exam. Better watch out!

it also works if you print to a PDF and then print that out, as well. Thanks for the heads up plyon. I hadnt even looked at mine and mine were jacked too. That would have sucked. I cant decide if it would have sucked more for me or for the poor bastard at the hotel down the highway from the test center, as I would have flown in there a sweaty mess and pretty much violated the code in order to use the computer.