How many second-timers out there?

Just curious how many are taking L3 for the first (and hopefully last) time versus those of us (like me) who didnt make it last year and are trying again.

What was your band last year… What you doing differently?

Second time for me. I was in Band 10 last year. The morning session killed me last year (like most others) so I’ve spent much more time practicing how to construct AM responses that aren’t too lengthy and will get points. Not doing anything else much differently. Just hope CFAI doesn’t decide to cram in 5 hours worth of questions into the AM this year.

This is third try for me. 10th band last year. Took a zero on reverse cash and carry. Actually put in less time this year, but feel much better prepared. I started studying in Nov. for 2008 test and used only CFAI texts. I was so burned out by mid-May that I couldn’t concentrate for 5 minutes at a time. This time, I waited until mid-January to start and used Schweser followed by CFAI for problem areas.

Second timer. 9th band last year using only the CFAI. Went with Schweser this year and feel like I had much more time to review. Hopefully it’s enough to get through this year.

2nd time 7th band. Practiced more essays tis time, last yearI actually tried to answer one of the IPS questions by writing an actual IPS in the kings english. As if that wasn’t bad enough, my wife called me between the AM and PM session screaming frantically because my 3 year old fell on my bose speaker bass and split his head open, she ended the call to me “don’t worry, just do your best”. He ended up getting 54 stitches and I end up sitting again.

that’s why i’m keeping my phone off until Saturday at 5:00pm Geddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2nd time 7th band. Practiced more essays tis time, > last yearI actually tried to answer one of the IPS > questions by writing an actual IPS in the kings > english. As if that wasn’t bad enough, my wife > called me between the AM and PM session screaming > frantically because my 3 year old fell on my bose > speaker bass and split his head open, she ended > the call to me “don’t worry, just do your best”. > He ended up getting 54 stitches and I end up > sitting again.

2nd timer, 10th band. Screwed up on ethics and IPS last year.

pimp - advise on ethics, please.

How brief are you guys going to be on IPS statements this year? Are you using all bullet points?

i’m definitely doing the bullet points, read the Joey D Vivre what graders look like post

Halberstram Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pimp - advise on ethics, please. You are asking a pimp for advice on ethics? I am a second timer. Band 8 last year.