AM strategy

if the question ask you to find two violations of GIPS, do you just list two, or would you list more than two just in case the first 2 you listed is off target? I wonder what is the grading policy?

Only first 2 are graded, so make them good ones.

Thanks, Higgmond. Are you very positive about this? If yes, we should limit to 2 only, right?

100%, confirmed by a grader. I believe there is a tread that talks about it.

happy, Here’s the thread http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,996488,996488#msg-996488

only the first 2 will be graded, dude they told us this the 1st day at stalla, where were you?

Thanks for the double confirmation. FYI, never attended any Stalla or Schweser… :frowning:

what about if you put 4 unique circumstances, but they’re looking for 2 (but they don’t tell u that)? my sense is they just look for the 2 factors and will overlook anything that isn’t completely wrong. obviously if they specifically say 1, i’m putting one unless there’s some ambiguity, but i’d very clear on why you have 2 answers.

I wondering about this, Say you’re completing a Liquidity constraint, you give the model answer in terms of content but you’ve incorrectly identified an additional liquidity constraint (that isnt in the guideline answers and is plain wrong) Then what? Do you get 100% credit? Or do you loose marks? Does anyone know?

I have assumed that neither GIPS nor ethics will appear on the AM session since there was no ethics or GIPS stuff on the 2006, 2007 or representative 2008 AM session materials provided by CFAI. Has anyone heard otherwise? Anything is possible of course.

i think Ethics will not be on AM, but GIPS might be on AM.

What do you base that on?

past exams…

Which ones?

@westbruin, I’ve been wondering that myself. Often there are things like single stock positions that seem like they could go in multiple constraints sections and I have no idea which they’re meant to be in. Sometimes it’s legal, sometimes unique … I wonder if sort of listing it in multiple sections reduces points or if they just gloss over it?

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which ones? ^^ good question.

kbakes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @westbruin, I’ve been wondering that myself. Often > there are things like single stock positions that > seem like they could go in multiple constraints > sections and I have no idea which they’re meant to > be in. Sometimes it’s legal, sometimes unique … > I wonder if sort of listing it in multiple > sections reduces points or if they just gloss over > it? my sense from hearing from a marker (but i haven’t talked to the person recently) is that they’re mostly looking for key words. so i think extraneous stuff is probably ok when they don’t ask for a specific number and presuming it’s not “simply wrong” obviously, as i said and i think everyone agrees, if they ask for one and you give 3, then they’ll just do the first. but i’m like you. would like to put a bunch of stuff in each category. i mean, handicapped daughter almost hits every single category. but alot of the answers don’t seem to put it that way.

Ha! The good old “handicapped daughter” conundrum. :slight_smile:

kbakes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ha! The good old “handicapped daughter” conundrum. > :slight_smile: didn’t seem the question was providing for her after parent’s death… but lo and behold, the answer does. 50% to alcoholic, stripper-monger son. 50% for charity. 35% for daughter’s care. what am i missing?

I was wrong above; there are GIPS questions in the 2006 AM exam. Apologies if I misled anyone, not that it should matter much.