AF Hall of Fame

First of all, I would like to thank the dozens and dozens of posters that have inundated my inbox with their support and encouragement to continue fighting for this idea. From the bottom of my heart, you have no idea how much that means to me and how much energy that gives me not to give up. Because giving up on this idea would mean giving up on this community and those that through time, effort and sweat made it what it is today.

AF should have a Hall of Fame section where the cream of the crop get inducted every year. To be on the ballot, you would need to have at least 1500 AF points AND have been a member on this site for at least 2 years. To be eligible to vote, you would have to fulfill the same requirements. To get elected, the member would need to receive at least 75% of the vote. Voters can choose multiple people on the ballot. Chad has the power to veto any induction.

There would be a page on the site dedicated to the hall of famers, with a brief bio, a few links to some of their greatest posts and a few remarks from fellow posters giving their appreciation.

This is a clever idea to remember our best contributors for eternity.

The price is too high not to do it. We can realistically live a situation where, a decade from now, a new poster is asking “I keep hearing about this bchad character, who was he”?

This should really go in the…oh, never mind.

I forsee “AFhof.com” in the future

Sometimes an idea makes so much sense that no one does anything to make it happen.

is there any argument against doing it from the mods? technological limitations or time limitations or something like that?

Seems to be pretty straightforward to implement but would be good to hear if there’s a reason not to do it.

Anything to pad the resume, right?

Interesting that FT is against a voting system but wants a HoF. Why not go with the voting system and keep a leaderboard of the top net point leaders.

Perhaps a legacy HoF for posters of AF past, but for us current users there’s a much more democratic way of doing this.

Agreed. On all points.