Resident Trolls

The obvious trolling that is continually let slide drags down any possible level of fair discourse. I mostly hang around to watch the investments forum anymore and miss the days before water cooler. Here’s a great example, what is this shit?

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91344612#comment-91635171

I think it’s important to distinguish between trolling for fun and people that are just non-stop dicks. I call it the Blake rule. Lots of us troll - me, BS, and many other posters that I would rather not see banned - but then we have a subset of posters that exist purely to troll and not only that, but to do so in a hateful manner.

Before Blake was banned, I made the case to bchad (in a public post somewhere) that Blake should be banned because his ratio of constructive or even funny posts to “Blake being a dick” posts was way too low. In fact, aside from some suggestions on what cell provider to use, Blake didn’t really ever have anything worthwhile to say. So, that seemed like an easy decision.

Grexit is an extreme example of a poster that existed purely to offend. Easy to ban.

Purealpha is entering that realm. He used to be a decent poster, so I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then I thought he was just trolling the pro-America crowd. But, it’s probably time to face reality. The dude is a dick. 9/10 posts are deliberately trying to offend someone. His “Blake Ratio” (copyright pending) is in the red.

tl;dr - trolling to be funny or to antagonize a douchebag is funny. Non-stop hate trolling shouldn’t be tolerated.

^

Lol.

I’ve seen a few of those posts. I’ve also come across a few posts of yours that attempt to antagonize and verge on ‘hate trolling’ that have no redeeming factors either in originality or quality of humor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a free world, say what you want but it’s a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Either moderate the forum properly or let everything ride.

Seriously though, where was this forum before?

That’s different because you suck.

Edit: Since this is the Feedback Forum (my favorite) and not the WC I’ll try to be constructive. My point, which I believe you caught the spirit of, is on balance you should add some sort of value to AF. That could be in the form of help on the exams, general market knowledge, career advice, humor, etc. If, on occasion, you go off the deep end (of which I’m guilty of) all should be forgiven if you ultimately make AF a better place. If you just live to piss people off, then you don’t really have a place here.

Of course, this is all just my opinion…that is until Chad accepts my buyout offer of three Kaplan Dopp Kits for the rights to AF.

Edit #2: So this is strange and I’m not sure how to put this into words. Whenever Zidhai posts, it shows up as Scatman. Not on the thread but on the front page. When he’s the last poster it says “last updated by Scatman” but it’s always Zidhai. Thank god for the the Feedback Forum.

Edit #3: Ok, so Zidhai is Scatman now. Just took a bit for it to fully change over. Glad I noticed so I don’t accidentally give Scatman a fair shot.

instead of letting isis zidhai change handles can mods ban this annoying troll

Mable Mccallister Aug 24th, 2015 5:21am

• United States
  • CFA Passed Level III
  • 48 AF Points

Sure. CFA would be a very good option for you in my opinion. Also, you could try some video tutorials like the ones from Bluebook Academy. https://bluebookacademy.com/courses

Lol.

When I started EDIT #1, I was like woah, he’s being so mature but then you went and ruined everything by EDIT #3.