Transaction Advisory Services, CFA, FRM

Hi Everyone!!

I am a CFA qualified and have recently got a job in transaction advisory services in one of the Big 4 CA firms as a valuation and business modelling expert. In my department we primarily make feasibilities, impairment testing, valuation, due dilligence and a lot of financial modelling.

But later on in my career I want to move to investment banking or any financial advisory firm but I have no idea whether this experience will help me in getting there or not. Moreover, since I have some spare time on weekends I am planning to pursue FRM just to add a certification to my name. I have no idea where the jobs of FRM are or any thing about it. So guys if you have any knowledge please help me out just keeping in mind that I want to stay in consultancy like M&A and valuations.

1. Given this dream job of mine to work in an investment bank, do you think that my current job will take me there?

2. Would you guys recommend me to pursue FRM given my desire to work in investment bank and provide consultancy of M&A, valuations?. Would it help me in my current job promotion, apart from just adding a certification to my name?

3. If you dont recommend me FRM, what is the certification I should pursue because I want to be competitive with all others in my firm.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nabigha