FRM Part 2 Nov 2014 - How much time is required

Hi Guys,

I will just be starting my preparations for FRM Part 2 Nov, 2014.

Wanted to know, how much time is essentially needed for preparing for it? Also if we can form a study group for the same (In case it already exists, if someone can provide a link for the same)

In case someone is having a study plan, can you please share it.

Regards,

Abhirup

Abhirup, sorry to invade your thread. How much time did you put into Level I? And what is your background?

Abhirup,

I will also be appearing for level 2 this nov. I, most probably will take my exam from Kolkata.

Regards,

Abhishek Bal

Hii Abhishek,

I will also be appearing for level 2 this nov, from Kolkata. I have started my preparations from this week itself. Which materials are you following?

Schwesers and GARP. And GARP is elaborative and difficult!

Hi,

I’ll be appearing for level 2 this nov from Mumbai. Have just started my prepration from Schweser. Can we have an online study group or something?

In my opinion, part 2 is way more difficult than part 1 so I guess I need more time for my preparation than I did for part 1. The reasons are that there is little overlap like 10-20% with level 1& 2 curriculum and part 1 stuffs and that there are a total of 75 assigned readings compared with 56 assigned readings in part 1 (if I remember correctly).

For my current part 2 preparation, I use schweser notes to go through first round of reading including doing EOC questions. I spend 1 hour on the average for each assigned reading (I already finished around 50 readings) so around 75 hours for first round of reading. I will spend another 200 hours maybe to review and practice schweser QB and mock exams along with BT notes, practice questions, and mock exams. My target is around 250-300 hours (quality studying hours here).

Hope you all stay motivated and enjoy your preparation. Cheer!

Hi guys,

Should I give my frm part 2 this Nov.still in dilemma how much study hours needed I haven’t started my preparation yet. Anybody in the same boat???

Don’t say give (it means give up say take

Suerte,

sounds good idea? How do we do it? Have you seen the GARP material. That’s the real stuff if one wants to reap knowledge and not just exam

… Still the study group sounds fine, only ow to do it?