Advice Required

Hey All,

I am appearing for Part 1 in Nov 2015. I wanted your opinion on whether it is necessary to go through the core readings or going through Schweser supplemented by BT notes/questions is adequate. I know that there are quite a few posts addressing the same query but I was unable to arrive at a definitive conclusion.

Any additional advice/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I believe Schweser should be enough. I did L1 & L2 of CFA from Schweser only. Had to go through the core books for L3 alone.

Btn which part of UAE you stay in?

Hey Rahul,

I stay at Dubai. BTW, do you work with Deutsche? If yes, I believe we met at a CFA event.

Cheers,

Unni

You see, you can have all the books and material you want, but when you sit to study alone, it can get a little exasperating. There are always some things that just can’t get in your head. These need a different person to see differently. And, make you understand. You need to be a part of a group, a community. Finding a study partner/group isn’t all that difficult with websites like “studypal.co

Hey Aaditya,

Really appreciate your advice. Honestly, I have always been a lone wolf when it comes to studying and somehow felt that being part of a group is too distracting for me. However, I think the time maybe ripe for expirementing with that notion. I shall certianly visit studypal to locate an appropriate group

Cheers