Part-I 42.9%, Part-II 52.4% Pass rate for May 2015-Is GARP consolidating?

Just happen to see the development in the form of pass rates. It seems that among last few yr.s the pass rates are reall low this time around for both parts. Is GARP keen on sending some vital signals?

Also, there is a pattern change as far as qs. are concerned. Both Parts are now focussed on qualitative type instead of Part I being quant type and Part II being quali type.

What do others feel? Pl. share.

not surprised with the low passing rate, i was well prepared for Part I and i thought the exam was really hard. that being said i’m glad the passing rate is low (since i passed) since it increases the prestige of those who passed

Low pass rate increases the value of the course. I am glad to learn that.

Well I look at this way. When I passed my FRM, the pass rates were considerably higher than what they are now. Having said that, almost all who I interviewed and dicussed with, especially the retakers the impression was that the exams during my time were exceptionally hard and to the point of frustrating. The compensation of which was a lower MPS(My personal view is MPS is never lower than 58% for Part I and 55% for Part II)

Lower MPS translate into higher pass rates.

The exam in May 2015 (atleast for Part II) - the paper was quite a few notches ‘simpler’ than last Nov. 2014, though the pattern towards quali type qs. remain unaltered.

Nonetheless, the lower pass rates could indicate, stiffer competition, more recognition of GARP and road leading to 2017 whence BASEL III start being implemented.