Wiley FRM 2 2016 Books

Hello guys, I just purchased the Wiley FRM 2 Study notes as I’m planning to apply for the may 2017 FRM 2 exam. I was scanning through the Study notes and was so surprised to realize how condensed the material really is ( only around 400 pages). I do have the Schweser material and they have around 1000 pages in their study notes. Do you guys think it is safe to study from Wiley alone ?

Hi Rais. I have seen this question before and it is worth an answer.

Before Wiley, I never had the notes separate from the questions. I wrote all of it together and with the intent the reader would have both side by side. Basically, the questions make up another 600/700 pages which also come with very detailed explanations because I treat the practice questions as a learning opportunity, not just “what did I get wrong/right”.

I will argue that I write exactly to the learning objective, and don’t summarize entire readings. That lends itself to concise answers but the notes alone aren’t the answer.

Reach out anytime.

Christian

Thank you Christian, I really appreciate your quick reply. One last thing, is the practice question book along with the notes enough to get me to pass the FRM 2 exam or should I solve questions from other sources? Thanks again

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am also interested in the Wiley FRM part 2 question book…is there a release date set yet? I think the website just says “October”. I’m at the stage now where I want to concentrate and spend most of my time just drilling questions so any insight welcome. Cheers :slight_smile:

p.s. Also, how many questions are contained in the part 2 practice question book?

Yes, I wrote it to be a complete solution

right now ~500 and another 500 with each exam cycle or so. I will always be writing and editing new stuff. On dates, this is tricky. Let me check with Wiley. This close to the exam, I am not sure you can wait. As much as I would like to have you on board, it’s a tough call to make on an individual basis. Some need more practice time than others. -Christian

Ok that’s a shame. If you could let me know what Wiley say regarding release dates at would be great, thanks!

Wiley is going through the process of redesigning a majority of their study solutions, and I believe they’re trying to integrate videos, text, and questions into this complete solution (which they’ve accomplished for Part I), and it may be taking additional time for Part II.

The same is being done for other products they offer.

Ifightbears is right. I will say the integrated LMS is a phenomenal tool and the sum is definitely greater than the parts.

Hi Christian,

Both the 400 pages of study materials as well as the separate questions and answers are included in the Self Study Package, right? So no reason for me to buy the Silver Package if I don’t want the videos? (I’m not a good video learner)

Thanks!