Is Schweser enough for clearing the GARP Financial Risk Management - FRM examination?

Hi,

I am planing to register for FRM certification and pass exam part 1 on May 2017, I just want to know if Schweser will be enough or its better to go with GARP and Exam study material.

I heard that GARP study materials are verify difficult to read, is that true?

If I will go with GARP material, what will be the additional materials that I have to buy (Except for Exams) from other competitors (Schweser or Bionic Turtle).

Thank you.

I would go with Bionic Turtle over Schweser, 100%… The number and quality of BT practice questions just blows Schweser out of the water in my opinion.

For both exams I have used the official GARP material for a first read through, and then supplemented with BT notes and absolutely hammered the BT question sets. For the FRM Part 1 I was scoring perhaps between 70-80% on the BT questions and in turn found the actual exam to be very easy…so the BT questions set you up very well, in my opinion.

Im taking part 2 in November, but I am following the same GARP/BT framework and I feel pretty confident so far!

p.s. I can also second David’s recommendation above to check out the BT forums…they are really helpful and David spends a LOT of time answering technical questions in a pretty extensive manner. Great resource!

Hi Rednaf. I used Schweser and the GARP books for part I and Schweser only for part II. Passed both exams comfortably so in my experience Schweser was enough. I didn’t use BT so can’t offer an opinion on them.

Thank you for your informations, its helpful