January 3rd Test Results

So the big day is almost here. If experience is any guide there is usually a 4 - 6 PM local window for notifications.

However, given the growing size of the candidate population, I expect a batch release of results this year so if a buddy says “results are out!!!” and you got nothing, your batch probably just isn’t ready - don’t panic. Pass/Fail batches aren’t processed differently.

What you can do for me: All Wiley students can praise/complain about what they would like me to do more of and all candidates with other products can tell me what their product didn’t have that they wished it did. I assure you I will have it in mine next.

What I want to do for you: write the single, best-in-class, intuition building, dot connecting, “aha moment” generating, to-the-point, toughest question product on the planet. Anything I missed, please let me know.

One last word of advice: nothing changes with results other than which exam you will take next. Careers don’t pivot on pass scores; they pivot on perseverance and who you know so don’t forget those two elements of the puzzle too.

Everything is going to work out just fine. -Christian

Nice post Christian. I passed, most in part thanks to your study solution. I found it to be very effective.

I think we’ve already spoken about what could be better in the 2017 Wiley update, and I’ll provide feedback going forward for Part II.

Looking forward to using your solution for Part II.

Yep, Wiley has all your ideas and actually they are already in the new versions, thanks!

And welcome to part II, I think it is my best yet.

-Christian

I passed as well. I didn’t use Wiley (used Schweser)…, but I’m thinking about giving it a shot for L2. Used Wiley partially for CFA L3.

It’s a tough call for me: Schweser vs Wiley vs Bionic Turtle. I’m still reading reviews and will be deciding soon enough.

Schweser: I like the online questions bank. Also, materials have excellent resale value.

Wiley: Don’t like the lack of questions bank for CFA (not sure about FRM though). I like the fact Christian is easy to contact and quick to respond though. Keep it up. I also like the trial period. I have to give the trial period a shot to rate the materials.

Cheers.

I have made this argument before and I don’t mind publicly saying that Wiley and I don’t agree on this point at the moment, re: selling the study notes and FRM questions separately.

For Wiley and I, this is a long term marriage, not just a financial transaction, and, like all marriages, we will figure this out sooner or later so I’m not worried at the moment but the “question of questions” does have near term consequences for students.

Here is the dilemma: I treat the FRM questions, and the very long form answers I authored, as uniquely distinct from anything on the market as a learning tool because they directly compliment intuition distinct from a test of wrote memorization.

You can memorize learning objectives all day long and still fail the test. (Have you taken the exam and seen any question where you thought “Oh, I remember that exact LOS”?)

This exam is not a test of learning objectives, it is a phenomenally rigorous test of understanding and intuition and that means reading one ro two steps beyond the learning objective. I believe the notes and the questions are one and the same and that bundle as I wrote them is critical - aka not optional - to passing the exam. Wiley disagrees and is selling them in pieces.

Personally, I wrote the study notes as a cookbook and then I stepped back and wrote the practice questions as if I had the same cookbook but had a few missing ingredients. How would I fill the gap? That is intuition. That is the Wiley difference and is also the reason I would ask anyone in the world to give up on Kaplan in 2017 and accept our pass guarantee.

RE: Questions. I think I am going to ask Wiley to let me do a Part I and Part II question dump here so you can see how differently I write and how much the focus is on the exam itself.

On a completely unrelated note, I know this stuff isn’t cheap. I grew up very, very poor and often didn’t have the most basic tools I needed to teach myself the things I knew I needed to know. If you want to learn, and legitimately cant afford my program, here is my personal email: christian.cooper.us@gmail.com. Let’s talk about getting you what you need to get you across the finish line. I’ll personally pay to make sure you get what you need.

Never choose the low cost provider when the high cost provider knows what you are going through.

-Christian