Hey FRM'ers Wiley Part I now live

I put a lot of work into the 2017 edition, hope you like it! Check out the free demo.

-Christian

Christian, I did take a look at the demo and was pleased to see the format is the same as CFA (Dashboard etc.). There seemed to be quite a few sections missing though - i.e. material not yet available. Also for some sections the number of Assessment Questions was low (e.g just one question). Perhaps these were just minor readings(?) I am wondering if this is still work-in-progress? Will you complete missing sections and are there more questions being added?

I took a look at one of your lectures and it was good, explained clearly.

Hey zookeeper,

Let me make sure the demo is the full release, not just sections but I would bet here is what is not there: GARP replaced 10 full readings in part I with something like 60 new learning objectives. I think the number on part II was even higher like 18 new readings (all of CI is new) and 120 new learning objectives - thats a huge difference in 2017. I get the LOs about a month before everyone else and in that time I read about 400 pages of new reading material and re-write about 300 pages of text. This is all done but now image, editing, type-seting, the courseware requires us to use XML of course so once all that is done we have a huge team working on QA.

It is likely none of this is in the demo and that is what I think you notice as missing RE: questions, there is a net increase in questions for both part I and II this year but when I initially created the program I wasn’t thinking in terms of a lesson versus a session assessment so I think we need to move some of those around to balance the courseware out. Hope that helps! -Christian

Oh, that that doesnt include the 15 deleted readings so all of those are gone or appear “missing” too as well. Big changes in 2017.