Changed vs Unchanged FRM Content

Hey FRMers,

A quick word on changed vs unchanged content and what you see in Wiley’s current demo. Taking Part I foundations of Risk Management section as an example only.

In 2016, there were 14 readings in the First section of part I. In 2017, there are also 14.

However- between 2016 and 2017 in the FRM section GARP added two new readings with new LOs, completely deleted one reading, moved one from foundations to operational risk. PLUS there were reading version updates we have to make. Unless something remains completely, totally, 100% untouched by GARP from one year to the next, that is not in the demo because we have work to do. So out of the 14 readings - at first glance looks identical from 2016 to 2017 - we had to make changes to 5/14 of that section. They are completed, they are going through production and will be added after the full QA process. GARP has made significant changes across all sections this year and anything GARP touches, we pull from the courseware until I am 100% sure it matches what I think you will see on test day. In short, the gaps are made by GARP, not Wiley. We are trying to work with GARP to get the LOs even earlier which would mean on day 1, 100% of everything is there for you but right now, we get about 4 - 6 weeks notice of before the candidates do and that is a massive lift to turn around readings, proofing, editing, new questions which all comes from a big team but still has to originate with me. So if you see an empty slot in the courseware, think “GARP” ; not “Wiley”

As always, let me know if you need anything

Christian