this time GG?

I find the exam today crazy. Some of the questions cost at least 5 - 6 minutes to calculate. I have around 15- 17 questions blindly picked. Does any one feel the exam hard. How many questions to pass it?

I feel exactly the same. Overwhelmed.

It depends on the overall performance every year. However, it seems like as long as you get approximately 70%+ correctness, you might pass it.

Good luck.

I have done 2015-2017 past practice exams, and they are very irrelevant. If I dont past this exam, im not coming back for it :c

I doubt minimum pass is 70%. I passed level 1 in Nov and placed in top quartile in every category and I would be very surprised if I was over 70%.

I had the exact same experience. I had 18 left when 2 minutes were called. I have never not finished an exam in my life. I knew the formulas cold and did well on all practice exams. However, I felt like each question on this exam was 3 or 4 practice questions combined into one. Each exam question had multiple calculations and formulas to use, which took far longer than the 2.4 minutes given for each question. I am so put off after taking this exam, that even if I got lucky by guessing and somehow passed, I don’t know if I would attempt FRM II. This exam was hard for the sake of being hard, and did not test my knowledge of the information.

Yes, agreed !, some parts were designed to be hard and confusing for the sake of it. After writing the part 1 exam, I felt that there were many questions which required judgement or an educated guess (just to keep up with time), so post exam experience, here are some questions for GARP - is the exam testing our knowledge of the material ? Memory/Retention capacity? Problem Solving ability? Research potential? Or pure judgement under pressure ? Even if candidates get through Part 1, a solid and well defined exam objective will definitely help candidates tackle Part 2 and derive maximum value out of the curriculum to secure a career in Risk.