FRM 1 Results

Results just hit.

Unfortunately I failed with a 2-4-2-4. I studied with Kaplan and felt prepared. The actual exam questions were so much harder than Kaplan used as practice. Would love others to share quartiles and results.

I passed with a 1-2-1-1. Keep going.

I got the materials from GARP. Worked on Schweser papers as well as GARP samples

Sorry to hear that. I also used Kaplan Schwesser and passed with 1-1-1-1

Also I suggest the bionic turtle FRM forum- more active in the FRM space.

Exclusively Kaplan Schweser, or majorly Kaplan Schweser? If majorly, what other materials did you use? What about practice papers/questions?

Would appreciate it if you could share this with the rest of us.

Passed - 1,2,1,1

Used majorly Schweser and original material especially for parts of quant. Practice questions is difficult as GARP only provides one practice exam. Therefore I used Schweser QBank and the two Schweser practice exams.

Passed 2,3,1,1

I was repeater though last time it was 3,2,4,3 . Used Schweser and Hull for reading and BT for problems . Will repeat the same for L2 .

For people who failed dont loose heart just practice more you will sail through .

Cheers guys

I passed both levels of FRM program using Schweser. I would suggest exam takers to carefully understand the material, so that you get conceptually strong. GARP does not give you easy questions i.e you put any formula and get an answer… no no… it does not happen with FRM exams. You need to be conceptual strong and apply that during the exam.

For FRM Part 2, I passed on the 2nd attempt. For the 1st attempt, I opted for Bionic Turtle. Bionic Turtle skips a lot of stuff and picks up only important topics(what the instructor things is important). During the second attempt, I studied using Schweser and passed comfortably.

I would strongly recommend Schweser over any other material. This is just my suggestion, others may have different opinion.

Congratulations to all those who passed part 1 and All the Best for part 2.

For those who did not pass, don’t worry, it is just an exam. However, don’t give up. Just prepare the right way.

I agree about using Schweser. There have been many threads in the past comparing Wiley vs Schweser vs BionicTurtle vs others. I passed both on first attempts with solid quantiles with Schweser – I had used a bit of BT for Part 1 for practice questions, but I don’t think I really needed it. At the end of the day, if you know 90% of Schweser really well, you’re probably going to pass. Their notes are straightforward to read, the explanations are fairly clear, and the presentation of the material is clean. The problem sets in Schweser are perhaps the easiest of the various prep providers, but if you can do Schweser problem sets really well, you’ve probably built a solid foundation for the test. Almost nobody knows how to do Bionic Turtle questions very well, and as a result of the questions being too hard, it’s difficult to assess how much of a foundation you really built.

When I was studying for FRM Part 2 using Schweser during my 2nd attempt, I noticed that I could have answered a lot of questions correctly in my 1st attempt(actual exam) itself if I had used Schweser. By Schweser, I mean their notes not the videos.

Again, this is my preference for studying for FRM program. There would be many who would have passed using other prep providers.

Hey buddy any tips for L2 …I am planning for Nov 2017

Read Schweser very carefully and become conceptually strong. Make your own notes. Practice Schweser questions.

Also, FRM part 2 syllabus is very interesting, I just enjoyed reading schweser for L2 as things were explained in a very clear/simple language. Take you time and understand the material well. You can start with Operational Risk.

All the Best!

I passed with 3-1-1-2

Hi,

Could anybody please share past GARP Practice / Mock Papers? It would be of a great help.

Thanks in advance.