FRM Part I/II Results Thread

Looks like results have been posted.

Passed Part II. 1,1,1,2,3.

Hot Damn!

Big thanks to BT and Wiley for this one.

Passed Level I with less than 5 weeks of study. Pretty much blind guessed last ten or so questions. Tough exam for sure.

Passed part I

Took Schweser and banked about 120-130 hours (I noted pages and time spend every time I went to the library). I already passed CFA3 which helped a lot, but also messed with my motivation to study. It weren’t extremely efficient hours.

I just skidded over the readings, do end of reading questions and end of chapter questions. Did practice exams, brushed up bad sections for about 4 days.

Expected a bare or mediocre pass.

I passed part 2. Done!

Passed part I. 1st quartiles in all 4 areas. Used only GARP Books. Now onto Part II.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Passed P2 - 1,1,3,2,1 Definitely very disappointed with Ops Risk. I deserve it given the amount of time I have spent. I will re read the Ops material for sure. But OA I think Schweser is not as bad as many suggest. I have trusted Sch for both the levels, and got decent results.

Wasn’t pretty, but a Pass in P1 nonetheless :slight_smile:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Passed Part II - 2,2,2,3,3

I used Schweser to study the materials, i spent some months reading all the materials slowly and then from the 29th of August until the 18th of November of hard working during the evenings, 3-4 hours after go out from the office, and during the weekends, i should mentioned that definitely GARP free practice exam was the key to passed, Schweser practice exams are too easy.

;)))))))

Sorry - double post

I agree GARP exam was the closest one.

Passed Part I - 1, 1, 1, 2

I used Schweser to study the materials and went through their study plan. I worked intensively (2-3 hours every two days) in the 6 weeks leading up to the exam, with 9 days off of work for even more intensive study.

I didn’t really notice how much easier Schweser was to the actual exam - I focussed on studying concepts where I was below others in my % correct answers based on their comparison tool. I think this is a good tactic given the consensus on the easier questions by Schweser.

Well this was quite an ugly surprise, wasn’t expecting to pass L1, got a 3, 4, 2,1 as my score. I had used Schweser and couldn’t get much time off work so was able to study for a few days leading up to the exam. Well thankfully I scored well on the topics which made up 60% of the exam and it wasn’t the other way around.

People who passed L2 share your trade secrets please ?

Part I with 1,1,1,1 :slight_smile: expected to pass, but the result is definitely better than expected

Part II in May

Passed level 2. 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, studied for 3 days.

_ " _Definitely very disappointed with Ops Risk. _ I deserve it given the amount of time I have spent. I will re read the Ops material for sure" _

You deserved it because you put in a given amount of time? What??!

I was not expecting to pass since I blind guessed more than 40% of the questions. I got 3,2,2,2 and somehow managed to pass. I guess it is just the way they calculate the ranking for individuals. Maybe they are looking for a minimum of 3rd quartile in each section so some people were dropped. Or I have high percentiles like 70% but it is still in 2nd quartile. Just guessing.

Anyway, I was going to write both part 1 and 2 exams in May 2018 anyway. Now I just get a bit more freedom to focus on part 2. See you guys in May and hope we can all do our best!

Took L1 and L2 in the same day and passed both. Studied exclusively using prepsmarter, logged maybe 120 hours between the two over the course of two months while working fulltime and having a baby. Very stressful, give yourself more time!

L1 : 1,2,3,1

L2 : 3,3,1,1,4

With or without doping?