General

Okay how tough is FRM compared to CFA?

CFA is tougher. However, FRM is more math (statistic) intensive.

I’m interested in hearing everyone’s opinions on this as well

CFA program overall is a harder program. FRM can have harder questions on their exams; a mix between level 1 plug and chug and some qualitative tricky ones you’d see at level 2 with a few harder quant questions that may take 3-4 steps. However, the FRM MPS is lower. Also, the CFA program is harder due to 6 hrs vs 4 hrs and the fact the volume of material 2x greater. I passed FRM level 1 with 3.5mths of study. I am a level 2 CFA candidate re-taker. Will start FRM level 2 Aug 1.

hey, what material should i use for FRM part 1??? I have registered for the november exam. I have been told about schweser and bionic turtle. Some people have told me that schweser is not good for FRM??? Is this true?? What material should i use?? I have given CFA Level 1 in June. PLEASE HELP!!!

And yet there are no constructed responses questions as on CFA L III. Doesn’t matter how material though is, you always have blind guessing solution on MC question type.

And often you are able to find solution by solving question backward by given answers.