Schweiser

Has anyone recieved the Schweiser study notes yet? I thought we would get it by now but I haven’t recieved any. Am I the only one??

I just got an email saying that the materials are being shipped.

Not received anything yet but I just ordered a few days back so I believe Ill get mine later than sooner.

Just got an email with the UPS tracking number. Scheduled to recieve the package tomorrow!

I have received the Schweser material (Essential Solution) for the FULL EXAM. There are 5 books, Schweser Quick Sheet and I have opted to access the Schweser Pro online.

to all those who have already received schweser, i would like to know 2 things: 1.compared with CORE reading how will you rate schweser. I read on another forum that the derivation of equation is not upto the mark. 2. The material that i freely available online, is that material being covered. 3. In the practice book are the detailed solution given or only the correct choice

“”“derivation of equation is not upto the mark”"" will it be tested on exams ?? Im trrying to read core readings…my retention is around 20-30%…reading are of all kind of fonts, shapes etc…no cohesion in the way assembled…full of calculus ( which doesnt make any sense to me) If this FRM…Im better of forgetting it as sunk cost …will prefer having fun till L2 come sout on 18th Aug Is scheweser the same…if No then …will schweser be sufficient ?? What about this combo Schweser + BT + handbook prolinjb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > to all those who have already received schweser, i > would like to know 2 things: > 1.compared with CORE reading how will you rate > schweser. I read on another forum that the > derivation of equation is not upto the mark. > 2. The material that i freely available online, is > that material being covered. > 3. In the practice book are the detailed solution > given or only the correct choice

I completed a chapter in Schweser Book 1 yesterday and it seemed pretty straight forward. Again, this is a very early indicator and maybe things get hairy as I move on but I have heard for CFA L2 candidates who used Schweser, it’ll be somewhat familiar in terms of the format (Concept Checkers, the way the material is organized etc). Frankly, I found quite a few overlapping concepts like Market Risk etc. so far. Again, this is too early to tell. Ill buy the BT/Jorion once I complete a few tests to plug gaps. BT I believe is another $500, thats a big cost.

I have the 5th edition of FRM handbook. and I have read the first 3 chapters till markov chains. and so far it is doable.