FRM full exam or L1 ?

Hi I am a bit confused whether I should go for FRM full exam or L1 so far I have completed Foundations of Risk mgmt Quant Financial Mkts and products 25% of Valuation and risk models Roughly I have completed most of the L1 curriculum I have used core readings of Gujarati and Hull , schweser for the above topics and first 9 ch of Jorion , ,I am also reading bionic turtle notes and watching BT videos for the above topics . intend to follow the same materials for the rest of the topics . Considering there are 80 odd days remaining I am bit scared when i see the rest of the topics to cover I can devote 2 hrs on weekdays and 10 hrs on weekend and I will be taking off for 15 days before the exam .do you guys think full exam is doable with the given time range ?

I just registered yesterday and m going for full FRM. About 70 -80 days are still left which makes around 250+ hours. I plan to spend 2-3 hours on weekdays and around 15 on weekends, you have already covered 30% of the material so I would say go for it. I have some experience in risk management and financial engineering which I think would be helpful, and I have already read Hull as part of my studies in school.

@Factor hedge: It sounds you can manage the full exam easily. Sticking to only level 1 might sound smart because then you got a sure win but you might be demotivated within 2 weeks. Then you will stop reviewing the material (because you know it already so well) and forget parts of it. So i would recommend going for the full and keeping this pace of study up. That way you will save time, stay motivated and pass the full exam.

@ razedge and eric468 thanks a ton for your suggestions , I will be taking full exam , will be slogging to at least finish the curriculum .

Seriously? I’m through page 200 of Schweser Book 1 (there’s 5) and think that I’ll be done in plenty of time - I’m shooting to get through the readings by October 15th and then do tests and questions. If you’re worried about time, just read Schweser or that turtle thingy and screw the actual readings; if it’s anything like CFA, they’re a waste of time.

@skillionaire I feel if its only schweser mid oct is in the zone . I wanted to complete by sep end and then do a revision till 20th oct or so ,thereby having 3 odd weeks for practicing tests but now it looks a bit unrealistic for me I will try and complete by oct 15th , like you said I am eliminating the core readings and few time consuming chapters of jorion but more than 40% of the material is new to me so I intend to dig a bit deeper even though it appears that I have understood a fair amount after reading schweser . I have loose ends in few areas which i need to identify and fine tune , my current reading process is read a topic in schweser then I read the relevant topic in Jorion(to get used to FRM questions) and then i glance bionic turtle notes finally i take a test of that topic in schweser pro q bank …before i move to next topic in schweser Thanks for the suggestion , all the best