Deadline to switch to level 1 is on Oct. 1

So far, I’ve been slacking and only covered the level 1 material (foundations, quant, fin. products, valuation and risk models). I have not opened schweser book 3,4 and 5. I should be able to dedicate 4 hours per day on weekdays and 8 hours per day on weekends from now until the exam. I have passed CFA level 2. Should I switch to level 1 or take my chances with the full exam?

Are you serious mate? with that much time on your side, i would expect someone to pass the exam even if they have yet to start their study. Is it a lost of motivation?

dont be silly… level 1 is no easier than full exam

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dont be silly… level 1 is no easier than full > exam How do you figure? Level one only covers half the material that is covered in the full exam.

i hear you, so_fresh. i am also way behind the study schedule and will be able to get perhaps another 80-100 hours in before the exam. so far i have studied ca. 40 hours. i doubt that this is enough time to prepare despite the fact that i passed all cfa levels. i think i will still stick to full exam. the integreted topics and op risk in book 3 are not too hard. perhaps other candidates are unable to put in the time as well. how can you study 4 hours during weekdays? do you have long commutes on the train? how do people on this forum stay motivated to study? in this job market every additional qualification might help, right?

Reis_80 We just gotta buckle down till the exam. But I just wanna make sure my understanding is correct…the full exam covers the combined AIM statements of level 1 and 2, right? I should be able to study from 6 - 8 am and 8-10 pm on weekdays. I review notes during my commute. I stay motivated by setting a deadline and then procrastinating till a month or two before the exam. Then I freak out and study like a madman. Not sure about continuously about adding qualifications…i’ve had enough of studying for qualifications after CFA and FRM…I’ll let my experiences develop over the next few years to catch up with the credentials …I need to chill with my kid for the next few years.

i think you are right. the full exam encompasses all AIM statements! L1 is a subset of all AIM statements, while i have not looked at the relevant AIMs for L1. i could not study do 6-8 AM and 8-10 PM during weekdays. my mind needs a rest even though i do not have a very stressful job. but i cannot work and study more than 12 hours per day. adding qualifications has various positive and perhaps some negative aspects. - making yourself more knowledgable - expanding CV - showing interest in wider subject areas - staying in market/competitive, as not having quali. might be disadvantage - opportunity cost of not being able to have a private life - focusing too much on theoretical concepts - suffering for weeks many people i know who do not have any prof. qualifications are much better in their jobs compared to others who have taken CFA, etc. therefore, the merit of a prof. designation also depends on who holds it.

I have just realized that GARP extended the deadline for changing exam format to 15 Oct. Shouldn’t they email the candidates of such news!! The deadline is already passed.