current issues in financial markets

the schweser reading on “current issues in financial markets” AIM 110-117 seems quite light. how are people studying this topic? are you reading the original papers or just schweser summaries?

Schweser

schweser

after a good reading experience of case studies from original papers I read couple of current issues from original papers , but its lengthy and quite stretched , I would be reading the rest from schweser

don’t spend too much time on original papers. All papers together have formed a coherent picture on those important issues in the 2007-2008 crisis. i.e. subprime market, problems in the supervisory roles as well as the internal deficiencies of FI, including the ignorances of management and operational communications as well as technical issues i.e. modelling and stress testing. that’s why the CPRMG Report III, Basel II market revision and stress testing practice guidance released in 2008 and 2009. Having all these in mind, with those main points mentioned in Schweser is good enough for preparing the current issues topic.

Schweser

Schweser

Schweser