FRM kicks CFA ass

Having been through the CFA stuff, the FRM syllabus is very grinding and dry guys, did not expect to be going this slow. Schweser book 2 took a month for me (of 2 hours a day), I am just done with books 1 and 2. Not sure how I can be done with 3 more books in 1 month.

You must not have done your CFA properly because book 1 and 2 is 90% identical.

I agree, as a CFA charterholder and a CAIA, the FRM is much more difficult than any single level of the CFA or the entire CAIA.

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree, as a CFA charterholder and a CAIA, the > FRM is much more difficult than any single level > of the CFA or the entire CAIA. Second that!

3 more books to go and 25 days and counting…

Book 5 is quite possibly the most fun!

by the time i finished book 5; i can hardly remember anything from book 2 and 3 Very worried.

The full FRM is essentially the entire CFA curriculum (L1 - L3) plus an entire book on credit risk.

Lol I just completed book 1 today :slight_smile:

I just completed the handbook. but forgot the rest of the book already. pls. advise how to get stuff stick to my brain cells?

@ sherbeer pulling through handbook is great stuff , i stopped it after reading first 10 chapters due to lack of time , I will be reading op risk chapters from Handbook

you guys must be crazy to say so! the breadth of CFA is much more than FRM. Also, look at CFA pass rates and FRM pass rates you will get your answer.

ranjan.rao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you guys must be crazy to say so! the breadth of > CFA is much more than FRM. Also, look at CFA pass > rates and FRM pass rates you will get your answer. Pass rates for FRM vs a single CFA level are very similar. What are you talking about? The breadth may be more for the CFA, but the amount of detail you need to memorize is the same; it’s just more focused.

So, I am supposed to believe the FRM is more difficult than the CFA? That goes against everything I have read. What is the pass rate for exam takers for FRM 1 and FRM 2 vs CFA L1, L2, and L3?

Ahhh, Zombie Thread!.. Back from the dead! Wildcat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is the pass rate for > exam takers for FRM 1 and FRM 2 vs CFA L1, L2, and > L3? You can find this information on Wikipedia, and other places.