[Share]I brought the cellphone in the exam room....

I am really careless… I just forgot to put it in the storage room… and carelessly did not notice that it is not allowed to bring in the exam room… I just turned it off and put it under the chair as if i was doing right at the very beginning of the exam, the examiner came and said that i violated the rules they will report this thing to FRM precisely (a cell phone was off and was discovered under my chair during the exam) Just want to ask… Is it sure that I am disqualified now? really sad today…as I have plan lots of things to do after these half year de-socialize hell life style… now, what is in front of me is waiting for another hell :frowning:

Cannot imagine they will throw you out for this because the phone was off and all. Because the whole idea of not bringing your phone is so you cannot contact others, get information from outside or disturb others when it goes off. If you turned it off all these things do not apply anymore. So if they will not grade your exam for this then they are too focused on the letters of the rule instead of the thought behind it.

in the center that I took, proctors were really co-operative… they let you take the open book exam, just kidding… but they were great… i saw almost everyone wrote their name , number etc as soon as the booklet was given… even before her anoouncement, they didnt makea big deal out ofit. I also saw no was rushing to collect the answer papers, so they gave a cool 2-4 mins to come and collect the paper and I saw a dude still working out… I think they understand that the qns are so screwed up and 2 mins is not goinmg to save you anyways…

that cell things shoudnt be an issue…at worst GARP might ask for a written explaination and close it

GARP is a complete piece of sh$#t. After what they charge for exam, they don’t reply to emails, their phones go unanswered for days and on they didn’t even put the complete address of the test center for my city on the exam ticket. The scantron sheet didn’t have a box to write the candidate no. in when the instructions said so. We wrote it on the top. After the level of service they have provided for the the $$$'s they charged us, I don’t think they have any right to make a big deal about a cell phone which was turned off and under the seat. Hell, If i don’t pass this exam I won’t even bother taking it again. I never felt like this for CFA.

I dont think having a switched off cell phone under your chair is a big deal. The fact is that it was off and was not used. You may have to write an explanation though.

Guy don’t worry about it - I dont think this consider cheating and your exam will be graded, it will probably go as Alchemist1320 suggested

In chicago at my test, a cell went off twice during the am exam. Proctors did nothing. During the pm exam the proctor kindly asked everyone to make sure their cell was off. There was no consistency in the monitoring. Plus they warned everyone that if they were not in the room at 1:15pm they could not sit for pm exam. A few girls stumbled in at 1:18pm, no problems, but a couple of guys came in at 1:20pm and they would not allow them to take the exam. Very subjected enforcement of rules, and very unprofessional. Had some damn window washers clopping around on windows during am. The exam started 15 minutes late.

The girl sitting next to me had a phone too. Proctors said nothing. BTW, lights went off for 4 mins at the Houston FRM Centre. It was dark… poor arrangements on top of terrible exam.

@Rydex I must have been in your same room for the Chicago test. I think they let the cellphone kid slide because the fact that his ringtone was Lady GaGa - Poker Face was punishment enough…

finally, I passed the exam~

“The girl sitting next to me had a phone too. Proctors said nothing. BTW, lights went off for 4 mins at the Houston FRM Centre. It was dark… poor arrangements on top of terrible exam.” Weird testing environment in Houston. Also, the nerdiest looking people I have ever seen in my life were there :slight_smile: