21 Days

Until results are out.

you count well. BTW, did anyone notice the following in GARP’s last program update: The FRM Exam will completely transition to a two-part Exam. Candidates have the option of taking one or both parts in one day, providing greater flexibility and choice. Taking both parts in one day is similar to writing the full exam, which is a relief for those who will have to repeat. The only difference is the split of the material between the two sessions and that each part has to be passed independently.

Interesting. I originally thought GARP would require candidates passing Level I before taking Level II. It’s good to see that’s not the case. Level I + Level II > FRM Full, though, based on the structure of the Level I exam from this past November. If you assume Level II is an equivalent length, Level I & II put together will take longer and have more questions than the FRM Full did.

Total # of questions is up to 180 from 140. Here are the specs for the '10 exams from schweser’s FRM website: LEVEL 1 100 multiple choice 4-hours total; 2-hour sessions; 90-minute break 150-200 hours of recommended study Topics include: Foundations of Risk Management Quantitative Analysis Financial Markets and Products Valuation and Risk Models LEVEL 2 80 multiple choice 4-hours total; 2-hour sessions; 90-minute break 150-200 hours of recommended study Topics include: Market Risk Measurement and Management Credit Risk Measurement and Management Operational and Integrated Risk Management Risk Management and Investment Management Current Issues in Financial Markets

Also, from the GARP FAQ’s: Can I register to take both the FRM Exam Part I and Part II on the same day? A: Yes, you are allowed to register for both the FRM Exam Part I and Part II on the same day. Part I will be offered in the morning and Part II in the afternoon.

8 hours of exam in a day. I’m sorry, but that SUCKS.

i forgot, but is jan 5th the release date?

AND when you fail level I in the morning they wont grade your level II exam. So then you did L2 for nothing and you will have to redo it half a year later. I cannot imagine why someone wants to do both levels in one day.

ok nevermind, i answered my own question: "2009 FRM Candidate Results will be emailed to the same email address from your profile, no later than Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 5:00pm (New York time). " no later than… hrm, that means it COULD be anytime before :o