Is it too late for L1 FRM?

I am thinking of writing L1 this may but i guess less than 3 months left…is it possible to do it? i dont have previous work experience and neither i have notes? which notes shd i study to pass?

Hi Geranimo IMO there is plenty of time for FRM L1 if you start now and go in a structured manner , besides I guess you have done CFA L1/L2 …(noticed you in CFA forum) i think having CFA L1 is a boost for FRM L1 . Infact if you have CFA L2 I would suggest you to go for both L1 and L2 with higher emphasis on L1 because if you pass L1 and dont in L2 still you have L1 in your kitty , if you pass both (which I feel 3 months in decent) then FRM is in your kitty I took a huge risk by registering for full exam in 2009 , without having even a CFA L1 I had to compete with mostly CFA L2/L3 guys many suggested that without even CFA L1 FRM full is really tough , but IMO if you go in a structured manner its quite possible I put in 3 months hard core and referred to variety of reading materials which helped me clear FRM full by decent margin (7/10 areas in 1st qtile) . I got dinged in CFA L1 in band 10 will be retaking it in june 10 . The materials i used are ; Bionic turtle (www.bionicturtle.com) : make it your homepage and solve problem given there everyday also read various articles given by david harper frequent lurker at AF and wilmott forum ok as David Harper puts it I used '3 passes ’ 1st Pass I read core readings for quant - Gujarati ,solved end of chapters questions in excel spreadsheet Read Hull textbook - since for full exam around 18-19 chapters are from Hull , solved Hull end of chapters questions in excel spreadsheet Read few chapters for VaR from Phillipe Jorion 2nd Pass Studied schweser and made notes - schweser for FRM is not as good as for CFA but its a decent revision material 3rd Pass I read FRM Handbook almost all but for few chapters in credit risk to be honest I got 1st qtile in Ops risk mainly because FRM Handbook Solved all previous yr FRM question given in FRM Handbook and also did practice tests in FRM Handbook CD Also watched few videos of bionic turtle one more important thing is solve FRM 2010 Practice questions provided by GARP its a true indicator of real exam All the best

Thanks. Failed CFA L2 last year and taking a break this year. Since I have ample time I thought of doing FRM. Not many reply on this forum. It seems no one is giving FRM L1 this year.

Hi Geranimo - I am sitting Level1 in May and definitely agree with Factor Hedge, you have plenty of time. I failed L1 in November purely through not putting in enough study time. Good luck with your studies.