Best Exam Preparation Approach?

Hello I am sitting for both Part I and Part II this November. I just took CFA Level 3 early in June and still remember most of the topic areas tested. I wonder if any of you would be happy to give me some advice on what would be considered the best approach to prepare for FRM exams. Would it be enough to just go through either Schweser or Bionic Turtle without reading the core material? I don’t want to put in more effort than I really need to as I am still feeling burnt out from the CFA exam! Also, do the topic areas tested in 2009 FRM exam differ signficantly from 2010? Thanks a lot, guys.

I found that the Part II exam material for 2010 changed quite siginificantly from the equivalent material in the full exam for 2009 as per the Schweser notes. There was a lot of carry over but several key sections were deleted/added. I personally like the combination of bionic turtle and schweser basic package. I like having written out notes to refer to as a primary source however David from Bionic Turtle is fantastic and his videos, live webinars and spreadsheets help a lot for understanding the difficult concepts. I finished the CFA program last year and was shocked at how little carry over there was between the CFA and FRM. There is definitely some but the depth of FRM on some of the concepts that the CFA hit on is much deeper and requires a far greater understanding. Also would recommend spending some time brushing up on calculus/linear algebra before delving too deep into the curriculum as so much of the curriculum uses these throughout. I don’t think the source material is necessary to review if you follow the above.

joeisenb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I found that the Part II exam material for 2010 > changed quite siginificantly from the equivalent > material in the full exam for 2009 as per the > Schweser notes. There was a lot of carry over but > several key sections were deleted/added. I > personally like the combination of bionic turtle > and schweser basic package. I like having written > out notes to refer to as a primary source however > David from Bionic Turtle is fantastic and his > videos, live webinars and spreadsheets help a lot > for understanding the difficult concepts. > > I finished the CFA program last year and was > shocked at how little carry over there was between > the CFA and FRM. There is definitely some but the > depth of FRM on some of the concepts that the CFA > hit on is much deeper and requires a far greater > understanding. > > Also would recommend spending some time brushing > up on calculus/linear algebra before delving too > deep into the curriculum as so much of the > curriculum uses these throughout. > > I don’t think the source material is necessary to > review if you follow the above. Thank you for you advice. Cheers.