November Exam

Hi guys, Is it possible to register for november exam from now? Thanks

Yes. GARP should have all the 2011 FRM Readings Study Pack completed by February. Good luck!

Thanks CFAFRM One question … If you pass part 1 and fail 2 or vice versa, would you be required to repeat the entire exam? You must take both parts on one day? I’m a CFA candidate so I’m not very familiar with FRM style of exams OA

You are not required to take both levels in the same sitting. You can take Level 1 in November and Level 2 in May if you want. However, if you decide to take both levels in the same sitting you need to pass level 1 for them to grade level 2. If you fail level 1, you will have to retake level 1 and pass to take level 2. My recommendation is to take one at the time, since there are over 2,000 pages to read for each level, which may take over 250 hours to prepare. You should check www.garp.org for further information. Good luck!

Thanks a lot ! I thought that I’m required to take both levels at the same time I have finished level 1 CFA and waiting my results in couple of days but I’m positive about it and planning to take level 2 in June For personal reasons, I don’t think I will be employed in the next couple of months so my question is: would that give me enough time to prepare for both, FRM level 1 in May and CFA level 2 for June? from your experience? Thanks a lot and sorry for the number of questions OA

one more question that I couldn’t find answer to on the FAQ website … If I pass level 1 and 2, how many years can I wait before submitting my working experience requirement? That is, how long my membership as FRM holder (NOT certified FRM holder) remains? in FAQ they say that you must take exams within 4 years but I would want to know if the same applies for someone who finished both exams and waiting working experience requirement OA

Hi Omar, There is no limit in the time you have until completing the 2-year work experience once you pass both FRM exams. In my personal opinion the CFA program is more important than the FRM both from a learning and job-hunting perspectives. You should focus all your energies for the next 4 months on the CFA level II because it is a very challenging exam. After the CFA exam in June, you can start studying for the FRM level 1 exam for November. Don’t underestimate either programs. They are very challenging in their own ways and the competition is gettting tougher. Good luck!

Hi CFAFRM True that but it sounds to me that topics covered in FRM level 1 exam are basically the same as those covered in CFA level 1, don’t you think so? I so want to get access to actual reading names or learning objectives but they don’t have those in their websites like the CFAI site … They are all given only for candidates which is stupid because I guess its important for the person to look at the titles of readings in the exam to know whether to register for the exam or not and if so, when! Thanks a lot

Hi Omar Even if you were to study full time I think it would be wise to do one exam at a time. CFA Level 2 is more involved than Level 1. I studied for FRM Level 1 and CFA Level simultaneously and it was a killer (ofcourse I was doing it along with my school). But, still would advise against it. Since FRM is given 2 times a year you have more chances to take that than CFA Level 2 which is once a year and you will have to wait a whole year again if you fail in June. That is my take. Good Luck.

hakfrm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Omar > > Even if you were to study full time I think it > would be wise to do one exam at a time. > CFA Level 2 is more involved than Level 1. > > I studied for FRM Level 1 and CFA Level > simultaneously and it was a killer (ofcourse I was > doing it along with my school). But, still would > advise against it. > > Since FRM is given 2 times a year you have more > chances to take that than CFA Level 2 which is > once a year and you will have to wait a whole year > again if you fail in June. > > That is my take. > > Good Luck. I need to consider that before making my decision to register for it or not - I really need to see reading titles and material for FRM level 1 before deciding Thanks a lot for your input

CFAFRM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Omar, > > There is no limit in the time you have until > completing the 2-year work experience once you > pass both FRM exams. > Last year it mentioned on the site you had 5 years to complete the 2-year work experience after passing the level II exam. I was looking on the website now, but couldnt find it anymore. Anybody knows if they changed this?

eric468 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAFRM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hi Omar, > > > > There is no limit in the time you have until > > completing the 2-year work experience once you > > pass both FRM exams. > > > > Last year it mentioned on the site you had 5 years > to complete the 2-year work experience after > passing the level II exam. > I was looking on the website now, but couldnt find > it anymore. > > Anybody knows if they changed this? I couldn’t find it too - do you think we need to contact them?

Omar, sent you an email at omaradnan2@gmail.com

have seen this by now :smiley:

In the email i got after passing level II: Congratulations, you passed the November 2010 FRM® Exam Part II! You have now joined a select group … […] Please note that you have 5 years from the date that you passed the FRM Exam to submit your CV/Resume. If you do not meet the two year work requirement during this period, you will have to retake the FRM Exam. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your information as soon as you complete two years of professional work experience. […]

eric468 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the email i got after passing level II: > > > > Congratulations, you passed the November 2010 FRM® > Exam Part II! > > You have now joined a select group … > > […] > > Please note that you have 5 years from the date > that you passed the FRM Exam to submit your > CV/Resume. If you do not meet the two year work > requirement during this period, you will have to > retake the FRM Exam. Therefore, we encourage you > to submit your information as soon as you complete > two years of professional work experience. > > […] Good that I didnt apply :smiley: