preparing for level I (a rehash)

Hi all I know this has been rehashed many times. As somebody who prepared for the CFA exams using Stalla material, I am very reluctant to buy Schweser material cause of the way the content is presented and the type of practice questions. A number of posters here suggest the bionic turtle material. It seems mostly to review the lectures rather than the exercises. I am tempted to try to solve end of chapter problems and not go to the course providers ? Any thoughts here would be great, Sam

Let me follow-up on my own post … has anybody prepared for this exam using the GARP material ? I am tempted . Comments ? S

Hi Sam, I used the GARP readings and Bionic Turtle’s videos and sample questions. The GARP readings are long (2,200 pages) and can be dry at times, but I learned a lot from them and most importantly was well prepared for the exam. If you have 250 hours to prepare, I would recommend the GARP readings. Good luck!

Thanks CFAFRM… thanks for the feedback. I think I’ll use Schweser notes and buy the full package to be able to readup on areas that need further study. I wish Stalla had a FRM entry.