FRM or CQF?

Hi, All the quant and risk jobs I have been looking at requires a good deal of programing c++ etc. Is there any use of doing FRM if you don´t now programing and instead try the expensive CQF instead… I think I am pretty good at quant but have no programing skills, it was 10 years since I use E-views and Matlab at university…

No programming in FRM. i.e. 0 C++ No substantial amount of programming in CQF until the final project (for the core program). Many of the programming modules are attachments in the Life Long Learning and there is over 100 hours of tutorials. CQF will bring you to a higher mathematical finance level than the FRM; the FRM will familiarize you with various risk management concepts better than the CQF. Do both…

Ok… thanks…

norda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > All the quant and risk jobs I have been looking at > requires a good deal of programing c++ etc. > > Is there any use of doing FRM if you don´t now > programing and instead try the expensive CQF Risk management and quantitative finance are almost entirely different fields. FRM will not help you get a quantitative finance job. CQF will not help you get a financial risk management job. FRM and CQF are almost entirely unrelated designations. The curriculums have essentially nothing in common. One is not a substitute for the other.