Question to holders of both CFA and FRM

How much of an intersection of curriculum do we have? I have a CFA charter, and am thinking of taking both parts of FRM on May 21st. I literally haven’t started preparing yet, actually haven’t even registered yet. Do you think a month is enough?

Some guys here crack me up. Sure, why not, go for it. I guess you never looked at the curriculum? Or considered the fact that the parts that do overlap are the more tedious, difficult parts of the CFA? I guess you have those down cold.

I took the old one-level exam and passed. I don’t think they tend to test the same questions, and even there is some overlapping fields,such as risk management(one chapter in CFA Level III?), the testing focus is different from FRM exam. Not sure about the current 2-level FRM exams - I guess they could be more detailed and there might be more overlapping fields.

Columbus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How much of an intersection of curriculum do we > have? > > I have a CFA charter, and am thinking of taking > both parts of FRM on May 21st. I literally haven’t > started preparing yet, actually haven’t even > registered yet. Do you think a month is enough? Columbus dude you are blowing me…though there is some overlap of curriculum but giving both levels in one day and preparing just in 1 month is really difficult. I gave full FRM in nov 2009 and cleared it.I prepared for around 3-4 months.And i cleared CFA L1 Jun 2009. I think you wud be needing preparation time of atleast 2-3 months even if you have cleared all levels of CFA.

vaibhav.tcs Wrote: > > Columbus dude you are blowing me… wtf. Columbus stop blowing him.

I’ve done both. You can actually do level one and two consecutively if you wish i.e. 8 hours of exams. It would require about two weeks if you revised the weekend in the middle - assuming you couldn’t take time off from work (WTF!) Now being serious - it is no cake walk so if you think it is you are in for a rude awakening.