Marks are in.

I got my email tonight (the 3rd) for level two. I don’t think the pass rates are published yet…anyone have them???

Did you pass?

I did.

Can you share your thoughts on how to pass and what resources you have used? I took both part 1 and part 2 together, just managed to pass part 1 and failed part 2 miserably. Thanks a lot

Dal, I wouldn’t be so sure you failed miserably. I ast both part 1 and 2 and was really expexting to bomb Part 2. I was really shocked this morning to see I got through Part 2. I’m sure I only made it by the skin of my teeth 4,2,2,4,1 in case you’re wondering. I used Schwesr for both, but have also seen the Bionic Turtle material. They’re both good with weaknesses in different areas. I’m a big fan of video and question bank study. Whilst I agree Schweser questions are not at the same lvel as the exam if you master them well it’s enough for the exam. Bionic Turtle have tougher questions, but in pdf format, with an open (not multi choice) question. I prefer banging out hundreds of multichoice personally. Video wise not a lot to choose between them as I said both have strenghts and weaknesses. I never really thought it makes a difference, but on the exam day I had a huge number of questions I had no idea for so I was down to elimate bad choices and make best guess. If you can eliminate 2 choices you vastly improve you chances and on an 80 question exam there’s a lot more scope for this making a difference than say CFA I at 240. Also I’m sure you’ll find it a lot easier concentrating on Part 2 with Part 1 out of the way, I know I felt that both at the same time was maybe a little too much information to master. Congrats on passing Part 1 and good luck next time around for Part 2

Monito, thanks for posting your results, my results are 3,3,4,4,1 which are not too bad compared to yours. On the exam day, I felt Schweser were not up to date on a lot of aspects and I did a lot of guess work. Will definitely do better next time. I am not upset for failure, but gutted that Prep material left me so unprepared. Congrats to you too for passing both parts, its time to enjoy.

3,1,4,2,1 … but I only sat for level 2, not both. I used mostly Schweser but only had the 2010 version so I had to use the actually readings for any material new in the 2011 ciriculum. If I had the up-to-date schweser material thats all I would have used. Dal, you wont have any trouble getting through level 2 the second time around. Taking on both levels same day is quite the task…

I’d agree, Dal i saw your Part 1 results in another post and I was slightly below you. I think taking both 1 and 2 at the same time is a big gamble. I worked more for Part 1 because failing that is a disaster and given my results am fairly sure I only scrapped through on Part 2. I feel a little strange as I also did not really feel I had mastered the material going in and would have preferred to have a better comprehension for myself as much as for the exam. I guess I can always sign up for the CPE.

Taking both parts together was like taking a risk as I will be resigning from my job due to my terrible boss. I had no regrets but the real exam was a lot tougher than I had expected. I put in roughtly equal amount of time and money on prep courses for both parts. Are you taking CFA level 2 exam this June? This will be my first attempt at level 2 and hope I pass through. For FRM part 2, I think I will probably do it in Nov 2012.

I agree it’s a risk taking the two exams at the same time and in some way i regret it as I will not have learned as much as if I did them separately, I just didn’t have enough time. I did concentrate more on Part 1 becasue as the exam came closer I began to worry about the risk, but at the same time couldn’t bring myself to drop Part 2 and accept the loss. Between CFA I in June getting married in August and the 2 Parts of the FRM I think my hardest year is behind me. I will be sitting the CFA II in June and there seems to be a fair amount of overlap between both parts of the FRM and CFA II. Certainly all the derivatives and Fixed Inceom stuff from Part 1 is there and there’s at least some Credit and Investment Management theory in the CFA. All the best in June at L2 and I’m sure I’ll see you in the CFA forums

I failed, 1,4,3,2, I have great shame. I am enraged and will try again in May, maybe both parts. How close does it seem I was to passing?

I think you were very close… You’ll have a better idea when they release the Level 1 pass rates, but based on your quartiles you seem to be about right in the middle. %50ish.