Defer two times consecutively...is it possible?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could defer the part I to next November skipping the interim May exam? I am feeling ambitious and want to sit for this November exam. But I am between jobs now and I am not sure if my preparation would go as planned. Also for some personal reasons, I cannot afford to take the May exam.

So, is this possible?

Nevermind, got my answer angry

http://www.garp.org/frm/exam-overview/exam-deferral.aspx/

I saw the link, but nowhere does it say that you cannot defer twice. It only says that if you “do not appear the next time” you will forfeit the fees.

So the question is - Can you defer again from May to Nov once you have deferred from Nov to May - by paying $100 twice - once for each deferral?

Suggest you send a mail to GARP to get this clarified, because I believe this can be done - although I have not tried it.

Level 1 can be deferred only once. And same is the case for Level 2.

Is this mentioned somewhere on the GARP website?

Or from personal experience?

Fermion, I have written to GARP. Lets hear the rule straight from the horse’s mouth.

Please let me know if it’s possible or not…

finally heard back from GARP today…only one deferring per part is allowed. Too bad… guess i’ll visit this forum next year then…anyway thanks guys!

Hi guys,

I was preparing CFA l1 for June 2015 at kathmandu center. However, because of massive earthquake on 25th April my prep is affected. My home have few crack and i am forced to stay another place. Lot of my bearones are affected. Therefore I want to deferred my exam to Dec session. What shall I do to deferred? Does my request get approve on basis of earthquake as I may not able to produce any paper relating to my current situation.

Plz advise

Amit, I understand what you are going through. I do not want to demean your situation by an iota and utter some words of comfort. Here in India, we are feeling every bit of pain atleast at a cerebral level. Yours is a genuine case.

Immediately contact CFA Institute and I hope they would understand your situation and defer the exam for you. Given the circumstances, it may not be possible for anybody to sit through an exam. Do write, I am hopeful something relieving will turn out for you.