FRM

http://www.garp.com/subpage9.aspx?id=3772 Given the change in format it is hardly surprising that they are seeing record levels of exam takers…

Conspiracy theory

I honestly think the FRM is quasi fradulent ponzi scheme…

FINforLIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I honestly think the FRM is quasi fradulent ponzi > scheme… aye aye good sir, just like any designations out there; lets just try to reach for the top of the triangle instead of being bottom dwellers.

Off the above website: “The unprecedented increase in registrations for the FRM exam is testimony to both an increased demand for solid risk management expertise as well as the success of the FRM program…” How about the main reason for the spike in registration was due to the change of 1-exam to the 2-exam format? The quoted reasons are only secondary to this structural change. I just hope this designation picks up momentum after this credit crisis and will shine going forward. (at least shine above the PRM).

What is the “PRM” ?

Is there any incremental value of the FRM Designation if you already have the CFA Deisgnation? I am thinking risk is a huge growth area, but how much more value can I expect out of my long nights of studying. Mind you most risk jobs still ask for the CFA/MBA. Some request FRM, but rarely.

Huongz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there any incremental value of the FRM > Designation if you already have the CFA > Deisgnation? > > I am thinking risk is a huge growth area, but how > much more value can I expect out of my long nights > of studying. Mind you most risk jobs still ask > for the CFA/MBA. Some request FRM, but rarely. No, especially if you have MBA